Coconut oil

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi...with the coconut oil is it simply the one you buy on the cooking oil shields...I'm in desperate need of relief...I'm having a very bad flare up and using dermovate at the moment

xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I get mine in health food store. But I think you can purchase anywhere. You definitel ywant to make sure its organic virgin

ded un

• Posted

Yes, if possible, buy organic extra virgin without any genetically modified ingredients.

• Posted

Hi there using coconut oil improved my levels of comfort so much, I take it everywhere I go now.

The other user who said virgin organic is right, and raw too.

I buy it from a reputable supplier and decant it into smaller pots to use with a spatula to avoid contamination.

I hope you improve soon.

• Posted

Hi, I too am a fighting LS. I was diagnosed by biopsy about six years ago. Like you I am post menopausal, I have tried almost every non prescription remedy I heard about. There are a few things that have been consistent in my case.

1. once you lose your Clitoris, Labia etc. it does not regrow.
    2. This disease will continue to cause atrophy unless you are able to get it into remission.
    3. . The coconut oil will help with your labia sticking together but not the labia atrophy.
    4. You will need a steroid to force it into remission. Even when you don't feel itchy, or tearing it is still there and doing damage.
    5. My GP was not a fan of steroid creams so for many years I suffered with almost a constant out break of raw burning skin.
    6. In September of 2019 I asked for a mid strength prescription to try and get some relief. I got a cream and started using it twice daily , to my amazement my condition started to get better, the open area healed. The itching and soreness got better.

I am not cured because I still get the itching but i quickly apply some cream. The itching goes away. After watching the video recommended to you I will begin using the cream every other day for three months.

This is the name of the medication that I am using.[Triamcinolone Acetonide ]

I hope you will find this helpful.

• Posted

the strength of is the Triamcinolone

Acetonide cream is 0.1%.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.