Coconut oil, Olive oil.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, anyone using coconut oil or olive oil for constipation? if so have had positive results, thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have used mineral oil I've taken it orally and in an enema and it seems to help.

• Posted

Hi, I don't know if mineral would be safe to consume, its a petroleum by product sort of thing, olive oil and coconut oil might be a better option.

• Posted

Thank you for bringing it to my attention, I will be honest I've been drinking a shot of it at night on and off  for a few months now, glad you said something.  Someone also recommended Cod Live Oil.  I have coconut and olive oil, I will try those this weekend.  All in all, I did hear consuming foods that are prepared, flavored, etc. (such as homemade salad dressing or dipping bread in it) do help.  I read somewhere the reason but don't remember specifically.  It didn't act as a laxative but moreso helped one to pass and digest food.

• Posted

Hi, if you suffer constipation you can make suppositries using coconut oil, you warm the coconut oil slightly to make it liquid and put it in ice cube maker, put in the refrigerator until set, and you can then shape this cube for the job, if you get my meaning?, I use organic cold pressed coconut oil, it seems to work, I take olive oil as well 1 or 2 tablespoons per day, another thing helps, when using the toilet if you put your feet on something to raise your knees higher than your hips, I use a 5 litre emulsion container your knees get real high, it works, this squatting position is the natural way, apparently there is a sort of bend/kink in the colon when your knees are raised it straighten out this bend/kink, you may already know this stuff, if not might be worth trying, you can check it out online, I take coconut oil about 1 tablespoon per day, I saw a study on TV and on this study the coconut oil lowered cholesterol, so good for constipation and cholesterol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.