Coconut Oil or MCT Oil Topically - Question

Posted , 3 users are following.

After much research, I have started with coconut oil after having Botox two weeks ago. I've read so many good things about it's healing properties. I originally bought the "pure, organic or unrefined type". This one is very hard to apply as it comes in a paste type form then melts immediately upon contact with skin. It makes a mess.So I went back to purchase "liquid coconut oil" and have found this to be much easier to apply. And it's not strong scented.

But upon more research, I've found that liquid coconut oil is basically MCT oil. Or processed. Does anyone know if MCT oil will have the same benefits topically as the unrefined type? Just curious as I want to make sure I'm suing the correct type of oil.

Thanks and wishing everyone a speedy healing from this devil that is called a fissure!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Michael

I use the organic coconut oil.

you can add to sitz bath.

I read some people put it in freezer trays to make suppositories.

best of healing

• Posted

hi, how are you feeling after botox ?

i had it done 3 weeks ago. let me know how coconut oil goes, have never heard of it healing a fissure before.

Are you taking stool softeners ? following any kind of diet?

• Posted

I had mine done on 7/2. Was fine for a week and then had major swelling. Seems to be getting better now. I go see my CRS on Tuesday, so we'll see. Read up on Coconut Oil. It's apparently great at healing chronic wounds.From what I can tell, I need to be using the organic virgin, which is the paste or butter type.That's bummer because the MCT oil is so easy to apply. The pure coconut oil makes a mess. But it seems to be helping! As for softeners, I think I've answered you once before on this. I use Miralax and will continue to do it until this darn thing is healed. My doc says it's perfectly fine to stay on it as long as I need.

Best of luck to you.

• Posted

You can go to any Indian store or grocery shop where they sell Edible Coconut oil which is unprocessed , raw and unfiltered.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.