Coconut Oil - where, when and how!

Posted , 17 users are following.

HI,

Reading the posts, a lot of people recommend coconut oil to keep things supple.  

Can someone tell me a brand or shop in the UK where I can get it, and how best to use it.

Also if anyone tell me how much Epsom salts to use in a bath?

Many thanks everyone

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

HI i use Sevenhills organic extra virgin coconut oil (jar), you can get it (or equivalent) from Holland and Barrett
  • Posted

Hi, I am from the U.S. When at home, I melt some coconut oil in a plastic container and apply after my visits to the bathroom, after first cleaning myself with some moist wipes. I have a little kit that I take to work which contains my moist wipes and Emu oil, that I also use as a moisturizer. Got that a Amazon. I can't comment on the Epsom salt, but I ordered a portable bidet ((also purchased from Amazon) that I can sit on top of the toilet and soak. I use a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda aka baking soda and soak for 10 minutes or so, then put on the Clob ointment, after completely drying off the area. I got a lot of my maintenance from being in this forum. Perhaps you will get a response from someone who uses the Epsom salt as a soak. God Bless 🤗 Angela from the U.S.

• Posted

A little kit for work! Brilliant idea - didnt think of that as Clob treatment of course once a day and thats at night ...

Christmas shopping for me now, a pretty little bag .... (got to make this positive in some way!)

• Posted

hi hi I'm also from the USA and I'm trying to figure out what kind of coconut oil to get also where to get emu oil... can somebody help me on those?! I have lechin sclerosus. it's been going on for a couple months now but I just figured out what it was! I thought it was yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis but it's not! please help what else can I use over the counter or herbal remedies that will help with painful sex and itching burning and all of the symptoms it causes! thank you so much! good luck to all!

• Posted

I'm confused too and new to LS. I'm still putting on the clob twice daily and soon will go down to once daily, then every second day etc. When do you moisturize? Before or after putting on the clob?

What is a barrier cream?

• Posted

I was advised to use a moisturizer either an hour after the Clob or after using the bathroom. Barrier cream is just another word for coconut oil, emu pill, any moisturizer that is a barrier between urine and the area that needs protecting.
    • Posted

Thank you! I appreciate your help. My doctor did not advise me to do this but she didn't really say much to me at all. My vulva and area does not feel dry. Do I still need moisturizer? Is it more to protect from urine? Is that about how long Clob takes to absorb--1 hour? 

Do you also do the borax or baking soda thing?

I'm wondering about doing like clob in the morning and then rotating coconut oil and a spray of baking side water throughout the day. Don't know about mixing treatments... 

• Posted

Hi, all my doctor did was prescribe me the Clob. Everything else I do, I have learned from being in this forum. Like you my vulva and other areas are not dry. I believe that the barrier is geared to protect from urine. Fortunately, I am not experiencing any tearing of my skin. I believe that moisturizing may help to keep that from happening. That is my hope, anyway. I do use the bicarbonate soak, but only when I have some irritation. I don't have the terrible itching that some have described. My goal is to do the soak, nightly, because I have been told that it helps the Clob to absorb into the skin. I believe that mixing treatments will not make my condition worse. What I'm doing so far is at least keeping me comfortable. I'm still trying to figure this all out.

• Posted

THanknyou so much. I've found it so helpful to be in this forum. Reading everything I can. 

I've found that luckily the clob has so far stopped the tearing and greatly reduced the itching. I'll start with the moisturizing too and I'll try to baking soda soak when I do have itchiness or irritation. 

I'm still worried about fusing and the shrinking of the vaginal opening. It's my biggest fear that it will continue.  

• Posted

Hi Elle, as I put in my other message, borax solutions have helped me greatly to un-fuse my perineum/fourchette area. I was having to consider surgery because sex made me split a little. I hope the borax will prevent this in future. Good luck x
    • Posted

Hi Maggie,

Thanks! I will give it a try and hope for good results smile 

• Posted

Caz - I get organic, extra virgin, coconut oil from aldi.  £2.29, which is much cheaper than H&B.  I just apply it with my fingers when my vulva feels dry.  I have been using it for a couple of months now and it seems to work well.

• Posted

Hi Caz, lots of good advice on here. I'm now on Clobetasol every other night, and using oestrogen cream every other night, and tapering the dosages down to Clob twice a week, oestrogen 3x a week, on different nights, the maintenance dose. There are many different oils you can use, coconut ( many places do this, even B&M I think, and it's organic, cold-pressed etc) rosehip, olive, all have healing qualities. Regarding the borax solutions, I use a small plastic cup, which came with a travel kettle, a tiny Turkish teaspoon, and some cotton eye pads. I put 2 tiny heaped teaspoons into about 3/4 of the cup of warm water, stir well, then use the eye pad to wet my fused perineum area and leave it on as a compress, and keep re-wetting and applying for about an hour every night prior to using Clob or oestrogen cream before bed. I am happy so far with the improvement I'm seeing, but it's trial and error regarding how much borax to use etc, each person has their own way of doing it. Hope this advice helps, good luck x

• Posted

Hi Caz and Maggie! I was just told this afternoon that my results say I have LS. I am meeting with my gyno next week to discuss and am concerned about what she will put me on? using steroids I heard can make your LS worse. I want to go the natural route and want to use a naturopath or acupunctionist. I would like to know more about the kit you bought and using the borax, baking soda? Please help. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.