Cod fish oil tablets to help with Venlafaxine reduction.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone battling the Venlafaxine weaning of this medication. I read somewhere 5hat Cod oil tablets help a little in the withdrawal symptoms. I never purchased the Omega 3 'brand' bit Boots own £2.99 1000mg I've started these yesterday Two a day dispite it says One a day (can't hurt). I'm on day Three of One 75mg a day the hot flushes are not as series, I don't no if this is due to taking Cod Oil and I'm very interested in how the Cod oil helps ? So if anyone can chime in that would be wonderful. I've luckily got a gp appointment tomorrow to help get of this evil drug, and if allowed to, too try Wellbutrin hmm!! So far I'm feeling very sleepy and could sleep all day on just One Venlafaxine I feel very headachy (painful) will definitely be interested though on how Cod oil helps the withdrawal side.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've had horrendous side effects trying to get off this medication. Two 75mg mornings, got down to 16mg a day by cutting them down over a period of 7 months. Head zaps, depression, anxiety attacks, feelings of suicide, anger issues and more. Tried the Omega 3 tablets, no improvement at all. Back up to 2 x 75mg mornings, have never felt so ill. Going to see someone to get help as I've still had to use a 2mg Diazepam when days have been bad. Prozac and Citilopram were great but after a good few years, unfortunately, they stopped working for me!

• Posted

Hi Shirley85047 I'm sorry to hear that Cod liver oil tablets have not worked for you! I needed to give them a go anyway for other health issues that are also unresolved in my legs i.e pain, burning, tingling etc. One thing that i did notice that was the only benefit i got from Venlafaxine was it helped with joint pain. So far for me i stopped the 75mg one a day for several days, and i dropped to half a tablet last night, I'm experiencing chest pain but I'll continue with trying the half a day. My GP is totally useless (honestly) when i saw her the other day she has decided to refer me to a phyciatrist which luckily is a 'doctor' and i might get the proper medication that i need to be on for the Chronic depression & Anxiety! I mean for example i WAS on mirtazapine and i am on propananol for hot flushes, and she says "and are the mirtazapine not helping" i said dr i stopped those long ago as we discussed 😣 then she says & the propananol i said dr "you never prescribed those for depression, you prescribed those beta blockers to see if they would help my hot flushes". Poor health care that is

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.