Codeine phosphate addiction for 3 years what can i do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello fellow forumers,

Im elma from london and about 3-4 years ago i discovered co-codamol in pharmacy for painful periods i started taking it as i was told to and when i noticed the pleasant sensation that follows i started swallowing more and more until i reached about 2 packs of 18 per day but about a year a half ago i got admitted to hospital due to some health problems and i discovered the codeine phosphate 30mg and 60mg and i started lying about having pain just to have it prescribed and since that admittion i have other health problems and chronic pain but because of the addiction i have to take up to 22 tablets of 30mg codeine phosphate a day to take away the paine but also to "feel good" .

About 2 weeks ago i told my doctor about my addiction and he prescribed gabapentin to help with the restless leg thing but it's not working and for the pain he prescribed tramadol which i am taking up to 20 tablets a day to replace the codeine. Now i realise how bad this is as i got my liver damaged because of the cocodamol and i want to stop, to get my life back on track, i can not go cold turkey i can not bear the restless legs and the chills and my moods so i wanted to know if anyone stopped the addiction and how and if any medication prescribed by GP could help? I don't want to end up in the drug misuse centres or rehabs and have my name in their files forever. And if there is any tricks to avoid the restless leg thing which is the most annoying for me. Thank you guys for reading me through and any help is more than welcome.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi elma,

M facing the same problem,

I have been taking codine 400-600mg per day with carispodol named as soma coma,

M trying to reduce the intake on daily basis, i reduced my intake by 200mg in 2 weeks, And trying to get it down to 100mg per day,

Its quiet tough but not impossible,

If you need medication you can use small intakes of suboxone.

Try to make it as less as possible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.