Codipar

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All Just joined .Ive o/a and fibro and this past 2 weeks despite physio severe 'sciatica' GP knows Im very pill phobic but has given me these to take .I am already a 'dependant 'on diazepam  and a bit worried .She said if I wanted to start with 1 codipar and 1 paracetemol which I may do .Sent for xray so hopefully at last someonewas listening .Just worried about another addictive drug although Ive just been given 60 tabs which is just a few weeks ,If I take them can I just stop when hopefully pain goes ?Thanks all

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Realise its 3 weeks and counting not 2
  • Posted

Hi Mar

There are so many different things to try for fibromyalgia. Some day it is to do with gluten intolerance. I know alot of my clients flare ups depend on the weather etc. It is finding what works for you. Some say Lyrica,others say evening of primrose oil caps and other magnesium.

Sciatica is a different ball game. Does it go to only your knee or to your foot? If just ro the knee it is usually tight piriformis which in most cases the sciatic nerver runs through under the gluteal muscle causing restrictions..use a tennis ball by sticking in your glute and rolling against a wall for self massage. If it runs to your foot, find someone to perform the slump test which is 96%accurate for testing disc impingement.

Unfortunately with xrays,they will only show nones not disc,muscular or nerve involvement. For this you need an MRI.

As someone who has suffered with a back injury and 2 subsequent surgeries, dont let thm talk you into it unless tou have trues everything else.

If tou can get be with out heavy meds please do so. This is how I ended up on N+ ecause I couldn't always get to the doctor for a prescription when O needed it.

Please keep us posted and good luck!.

By the way I am not only a fellow pain sufferer but I am also a remedial massage and myotherapist. I draw from my own experiences to help guide others.

Di

• Posted

Hello 

Thanks for replying.My pain is just !!!!!!!in leg and lower back .Am in agony today after radiologist needing it moved far beyond painful .I will see if with hhelp I am able to do ball exercise ..I have just taken ordinary paracetemol.since and I definitely after a disastrous op years ago not be having any surgery ,,Am wary about trying physio as had bad experiences before and it is so expensive ,,My physio is an older football physio not state registered but just does interferental .Take care M

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.