Coeliac & Arrhytmia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hallo there,

Recently I have been diagnosed with Coeliac disease and with Arrhythmia. Symptoms are frequent diarrhoea, chest pain with palpitations, severe dizziness, tremors and tiredness mostly occurring mornings or midday. I had many ecg's, chest x-rays, blood counts, ecg stress test, echocardiogram all showing normal healthy heart. Only 24h ecg showed bradycardia with arrhythmia. Anybody has any experience with this, please? 

Thx

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've had palpitations in the past and have given up caffeine, as I've found I'm sensitive to it. I also have other illnesses, e.g. Under active thyroid, diabetes and fibromyalgia (amongst other things) as well as coeliacs. Not everything is attributed to Coeliac disease. What did they tell you when you had these tests? 

• Posted

Hallo fiona82003.

Thank you for your reply. To be honest doctors have not told me anything what would help so far. One cardiologist recommended more tests (I had heart MRI two weeks ago). Another cardiologist said that as long as the heart structure is fine my arrhythmia is not a concern. Lately I have at least one episode a day when I suddenly start feeling tired, dizzy and have  chest and epigastric discomfort which lasts up to 1hour. This is accompanied with strong burping. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.