Posted , 2 users are following.
I recently put a post on here about my ibs symptoms and since have been referred to see a gastroenterologist. I have also started a rather detailed food diary to try and trend my symptoms. 4 days ago I started VSL#3 probiotic sachet. 2 days ago my stomach felt great, no issues, stools normal, really energetic..etc. Anyway I've started to feel a bit sh*t again. Looking through my food diary and what I have eaten along with the replies to my previous post on the forum I want to find out a few things about coeliac disease.
1) is it possible to coeliac disease through bad diet, too much gluten, alcohol etc? I could eat anything I wanted a few years ago without issue...now different story.
2) coeliacs eat gluten free so is it fair to say if I eat a lot of gluten my symptoms should be worse?
3) after eating gluten is there a time between consuming gluten and symptoms setting in? The reason I ask this is 2 days ago when I felt tip top, I was eating a fair amount of gluten...looking online about digestion and transit time I was wondering whether the reason in feeling rough now is the gluten I had a couple of days ago.
4) with coeliac disease would probiotics actually help in any way?
5) are there other 'triggers' for coeliac? Such as greasy food, alcohol...etc?
One thing that I'm sure you can all relate to is I seem to make progress with improving my ibs, through diet, probiotics, lifestyle change...etc...yet all I can really say 100% is lowering my sugar intake and quitting fizzy drinks has improved my symptoms hugely and has been consistently better since I did this...the rest is soo damn frustrating. 2 days ago I felt the best I ever had and thought these probiotics I was taking have been helping, but yet again things seem to have gone bad again.
0 likes, 5 replies