Coeliac Relapse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi...

Has anyone ever experienced a really bad coeliac relapse? I've been completely gluten free for a year since being diagnosed but i was fed incorrect bread at a team away day four weeks ago, i then accidently ate a big of spaghetti 5 days later. I have been so ill since, my belly is still so bloated, I feel so weak and i have been experiencing the dizziness again plus headaches, numb hands and a numb face. I have even been checked over in hospital. does anyone experience these symptoms???

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i don't seem to have major symptoms when i get cross contamination, i get some itching maybe but thats about it. While that sounds good, not having a reaction means im not sure when i get contaminated or how much damage gluten is doing. How are you now?

• Posted

It depends on how much gluten you have eaten and for how long as to how long you have symptoms afterwards. I wonder how long yours lasted for. Hope you are better by now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.