Coffee?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Tried to post this before but new to group, maybe it somehow didn't go through? Anyway ... recovering from my first acute episode of diverticulitis, a few days in hospital cuz I didn't respond to antibiotics at home, but no complications. Now having careful soft foods, but can eat a variety. Yay! Still quite tired but I guess that is common. I'm wondering if it's likely I will eventually be able to drink coffee again, or is that contraindicated? I'm not even tempted right now but it used to be a pleasure. Anybody in this group able to drink coffee? I realize we are all different, but are most people able to drink coffee after some time?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I just bought a fancy espresso machine for Christmas and need to stay away from ☕.

I miss it a lot but I also know that I feel worse after I drink it.

• Posted

i don't do coffee during an attack or on liquid diet, but will have one cup on soft diet or up to two on regular Also start with swiss water decaf for first few days

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.