Coffee

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi guys

when I drink coffee which I really like I feel awful. I have been on setraline for over a year on 100mg and mainly ok still have bad days but anxiety much better until I have a coffee then boom .... drinking decaf mostly now but when I go to meetings there is only usually std coffee .

does anyone struggle with drinking coffee ?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Caffeine is terrible for anxiety and should really be avoided if you are prone to anxiety problems. I switched to decaf a few years back for both tea and coffee.

• Posted

hi John, yes I'm the same with proper coffee...gave me anxiety and palpitations. i went decaf 2-3 yrs ago. on a good day i might have one proper coffee but any more is asking for trouble lol.

• Posted

thanks for replies . I drink decaf now and it's ok but its shame really as the big coffee shops don't do decaf and I spend alot of time in them grrr

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.