Coffee and ls

Posted , 7 users are following.

does anyone think coffee can make ls worse?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hmmm...maybe. i think were gonna have to cut out every Little pleasur of life if we want to contrĂ´le our ls. đŸ˜¨

• Posted

Everyone is different but I drink 2-3 cups a day and it doesn't seem to hurt anything.

• Posted

NO...I don't think coffee has a wit of difference. I have had LS for four+ years...and eat /drink what I want. Use Clobestotal as needed and the Borax solution spray after shower.I think people get paranoid about stuff that doesn't really matter.

• Posted

thanks for the replies! im just trying to figure out what could be making my ls not resolve yet. i read a book on ls and the author said to stay away from caffeine so i guess everyone is different. i just havent been able to quit yet since ive pretty much stopped everything enjoyable!

• Posted

Well I know it triggers my urine infections which are due to the LS causing problems around my urethra so I imagine that is relevant.

I also have fibromyalgia which means I cannot tolerate many things like caffeine, medication and am allergic to everyday substances in toiletries etc.

I have blepharitis too which the optician reckoned was connected to the LS being an autoimmune condition.

LS seems to have so little known about it by medical professionals it's a trial and error to help ourselves.

• Posted

ive know idea, but Im not willing to give up my one pleasure in my life, I also love the social aspect of going to my local Costa too x

• Posted

yes i know what you mean! its the only enjoyment i have left since ive given up everything else due to this disease.

• Posted

Sue162 they do a great chai latte that I can handle much better and a great choice of non dairy milks too lol.

• Posted

AWW thank you, I am a sucker for cappuccino though and only have that, creature of habit too x

• Posted

I have been symptom free for the past week and decided to have a small cup of coffee today. Now my symptoms have started acting up. a lot of burning and irritation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.