Coffee Consumption lol

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is the first time this has happened to me....

Since I left the hospital..coffee has become my #1 drink and I have actually become really addicted to it.  I never understood people who drank alot of coffee...but I think because all my new medication makes me TIRED....I crave coffee now.

And the other day...I reacted just like I used to when I got my coffee...I didn't wait until I got in the parking lot of the next store I was going to,....I stopped dead in the coffee shop parking lot and poured my coffee into the cup I wanted it in....and was so relieved at that first sip.  The first thing I thought of ...was this is what I used to do with BEER!

Anyone else during sobriety or brief periods of sobriety (ya never know..this could be just a brief period of sobriety for me)...but anyone else...get addicted to coffee or something else...to the extent that you did with your drink or drug of choice?  

I started panicking tonight because next month I could have NO income....and with all my medication..I have really not been dwelling on it...but it slapped me in the face tonight...I pushed it away...but looked at the clock and it was 935...too late to have a coffee...but grateful...coffee was the first thing I thought of.

i went and got a donut....GREAT...I've gained 15 pounds from medication...but I needed SOME comfort.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Since I've throttled back on beer, it've been baking cookies, buying Haagen Dazs ice cream/gelato bars, picked up a cream pie yesterday. Rarely would I care about most of that stuff before. 
    • Posted

smile...lol - Ice cream pie....how many days to eat that?
    • Posted

Not an ice cream pie, a coconut cream pie. Should last a good week once it's thawed. 
    • Posted

Oh thats not too bad that it lasts a week....
  • Posted

Since quitting the drink, Ive become addicted to bottled water.....just can't get enough. x
    • Posted

smile...how long have you quit for lizzie?  Water is so much better for us..lol
    • Posted

Hi Missy

I quit cold turkey at Christmas.

I have a little routine, coffee when I wake up, coffee when I get back from the school run.  Tea with lunch.  Water everytime I go in the kitchen.  A bottle of water in the evening instead of a bottle of wine!

When did you give up? xx

• Posted

lizzie...Congratulations...this is your 6 month mark!

1.2 year......so good!

you have alot of caffiene too..but not as much as me.

I am on my like 10th attempt in 2 years...I have about 3.5 weeks.

• Posted

Hi Missy

Apparently coffee is good for the liver!

Keep up the good work!

x

• Posted

Hey lizzie...coffee is now considered to be the healthiest drink! An anti intoxent..like you say...good for the liver..and that means good for kidneys...and all our other organs.

I'm brewing some now...while I pig out on an eggplant sandwich

• Posted

Hi

Eggplant sandwich?  Now, that's a new one to me!

Enjoy xx

• Posted

Really?  You never had fried eggplant in a torpedo roll with melted cheese and red sauce?   It was Sooooo good....

• Posted

How are you getting along with the Campral, Misssy? Hopefully it's making the process easier for you this time around, what do you think?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.