Colchcine and pseudogout

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had pseudogout for almost two yea r s. Was in six joints, but now only one knee. Recommendation that I take colchcine. Any one been on long term prescription? What I read doesn't make me want to start it. Help,!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've take colchicine occasionally as needed for several years. In low does of once per day, I've had no negative effects. However, taking more than 2 per day can lead to diarrhea, and large doses can be toxic, even fatal. I hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks. How long did it take to work? I've been told that if I start taking it I will never get off it.

• Posted

Colchicine begins working within 30 minutes, full effect over a couple of hours. I find its most effective if its combined with NSAIDS (I use Ibuprofen). I find 3000 GDU Bromelain/500 Mg increases its effectiveness as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.