Cold Chills and itchy skin

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello Ladies, I am finally breaking down and going to the dr. I had made numerous appointments but because of my intense anxiety about this I cancelled them and resecheduled,. But, this time I am following through on Wed. I am sure they are going to do testing which will freak me out more. But, I was wondering if anyone has dealt with the cold chills and itchy skin,. I had the cold chills about a year and a half ago, addressed it with my doctor and he took my temp and examined me his nurse said it can be related to menopause, My skin especially my breast itch almost everyday. If anyone knows a good treatment I would appreciate it, in the mean time, I am trying to deal with the stres of the dr. app. and testing.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So Lennie, since I have been the itchiest person ever, literally, unable to walk at time from itching really bad, I was told to take an anti-histamine and clearly it works. I have also found that there are probably certain foods or detergents that can cause this. When I eliminted eating certain breads, and still itching I bought unscented detergent, and found that this cleared up my peri-itchiness. FInd the culprit and you'll solve the problem. Just a note, benadryl works but with an antihistamine like claritin your body will itch less the longer you take it. With benadryl whatever you had of anithistamine that was calming the itchiness which be removed with benadryl and you'll start back at square one with itchiness. At least this is what happened to me. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

I took some benadryl last night, it helped TREMEDOUSLY, and I slept really well and today no itching. Actually today was pretty good until a few minutes ago with some nausea and breast pain, but ginger has helped me with the nausea and garlic raw cloves have helped some too, but chewing raw garlic is a feat!
  • Posted

I feel this edit button is coming soon!!! Bu not soon enough! I hope you can read what Im trying to convey. Sorry.  it should read:

With benadryl whatever you had of anithistamine that was calming the itchiness *will* be removed with benadryl and you'll start back at square one with itchiness. At least this is what happened to me. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi lennie, yes cold chills are always occuring. I live in a pretty warm country yet i have to carry a bag with food and pair of socks, head scarf, shawl wherever i go. I get them inside cars or restrauants where others look comfortable. My toes and fingers are the first to get cold. I love to have the sun rays on my body.

For itchy skin I prefer not to use any meds but do use a body oil before bath as winter makes the skin very dry all over. the oil hasnt reduced the itch though.

• Posted

LOL gentalballads, must look funny wearing a scarf, socks and shawl in the heat. I get that too sometimes, my sweetie says, honey, it's about 90 degrees outside, then I say, yeah I know but my body's now to like 30! So leave me alone! He laughs says: Oh wow, you're going to look funny. He knows that looking good has always been my style, but with change, that idea goes out the door! I say, I don't care if I look funny, and i don't care what people think, I'm cold and I'm staying warm. Not a peep from him after that.
    • Posted

Ha ha, true Pat ! I stopped asking my sweetie about the temperature outside long back because it NEVER matched ! Yes, they do make fun of me but  I do what i need to do. My bag has become my trademark and my so- called 'tranformation'
    • Posted

I keep the heat on 75 it drives my husband crazy, but its the only temp that helps.
    • Posted

yes lennie, I can imagine how it must feel...im always wanting to asking people around me what they feel temperature wise but i realise too soon i shouldnt.....sometimes i put on a scarf and then take it off, again put it on...and so on
  • Posted

Hi Lennie like you periods of intense anxiety and oh the itching, luckily mine is mainly only when i have a shower but ist real bad. my arms legs and back Goes on for about an hr. tried not using any soap or shower gel at all but it still happens.I have to immerse my arms in feezing cold water a couple of times.

Never thought for one minute this coulkd be manapause post menapausal symptoms .

Anxiet comes and goes, with me i just dont want to go out even somewhere  nice i get butterflys sensation.

Let us know how you got on at doctors

Sue 

• Posted

My appointment was moved to Monday, but no matter what I am going. Other than a little nausea and tightness in the chest/shoulder area today and  yesterday were much better. But, I still want to go a full day or so with nothing. That would be so wonderful. I will be on here Monday night, but I am sure they will need to do many labs too. So, I may not know much till the labs are done. 
  • Posted

Omg I was wondering about the cold chills so weird I thought I would get hot flashes I never get those just chills and itchy skin. What do you ladies use for the godawful itching?
    • Posted

Kathy,

I am having awful time with the itching, so much that i see little bumps and it feel like something is crawling all over me, in my scalp and feet and everywhere. Are you experiencing the same? Please let me know. 

• Posted

Hi,

Did u ever get results for the itchy chills skin problem??

I'm experiencing the exact problems since 2 weeks ago..

• Posted

Hi Leannie,same here itchy for me is everywhere ears eyes head breast skin bum you name I got it..get cold at nothing even just touching my skin does it ...we're all in it together.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.