Cold days and IBS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi! This is the first time I write here. I have IBS-D... I've been dealing with it since I was 12 y/o. I have a question... do you suffer from D episodes when the day is too cold or even when its warm but you feel you needed to wear more pieces of cloth?

For example: I see youg people like me wearing croptops in summer and I know that I cant wear that because a diaorrhea episode would follow... I dont feel "normal" anymore and I'm very limited about what can or cant wear.

Does cold have the same effect on you?

Thank you!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey victoria, I am sorry you have to go through this...Well In my experience, IBS is more related to what you eat than the weather....does cold comes with feeling of feveriness? or just feeling cold?
    • Posted

Hi! Thank you for answering. It's just feeling cold... and generally on my feet! I told that to a doctor and she told me that only old people suffered from that... and guess what, I'm 21 haha

• Posted

I also had  some D episodes after my feet get cold ..and I am also 21 and I have IBS and E-coli record ! So,if my feet get cold I will have D episodes or urinary tract infection 
  • Posted

Hi I can’t wear trousers or jeans with zips or buttons on them because hurt my stomach cannot wear fitted clothes at because of my stomach.my stomach gets very bloated and it hurts 
    • Posted

Hi! Thank you for answering. I completely understand you! I cannot stop wearing socks even in summer or it is most likely to affect my stomach... on the other hand, I have to wear fitted clothes (specially in winter) because if I wear loose ones my back and stomach get cold and you know where I end up right? Good luck! I hope we get better with time smile
    • Posted

Well I always socks to.when I go to bed to feet are always cold.and in winter my hands to be ice cold 
  • Posted

Hey victoria...before my diagnosis of IBS...I had series of symptoms....One of them was feeling feverish, But when I check my thermometer, It was always normal....and also feeling cold in my feet and hands...during summer time and also when the air conditioner's temperature very low, especially in flights....and with series of tests, With IBS i had vitamins deficiencies too....And when I start taking the supplements, especially vitamin d,I started feeling better....Well after that i went to see naturopath...and it helped me tremendously..and all of my symptoms reduced significantly....

well just in your case, As because of diarrhea you might be loosing many nutrients and electrolytes.....I am not telling this is the cause...But just pay attention on any vitamin deficiency and electrolyte deficiencies....as there are some links between vitamin d deficiency, IBS and depression....You can always google it.

• Posted

Thank you so much!! This information is very helpful! And it happens the same to me, I can't tolerate air conditioner if it is too low...

But seriously, thank you for sharing your experience because I hadn't thought about vitamins or nutrients until now that you mentioned them... I'll google it and I'll make an appointment with my doctor. Thank you so much!

• Posted

Hi Victoria...I am happy that you found that helpful....I wish you find the cause of your symptoms...and please let us know what did you find out with doctor's visit..So we can learn from that and also so many people will be benefited suffering from similar symptomsbiggrin 

• Posted

Hugs! For me it's about what I eat or sometimes if it's too hot and I sit on benches that are too warm, I get a flare. Too cold - not much of a problem for me though. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.