Cold feet and chills 4/5 weeks in

Posted , 5 users are following.

i wanted to post this to see if anyone else has had cold hands and feet and general chills with this.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

yes, have had cold hands and feet on and off for 2 years now

• Posted

how about the chills Ashley? Do you still get chills even after so long?

• Posted

hi jay, yeah i still have loads of random symptoms. cold left arm was constant for a few weeks now its starting to ease a bit

• Posted

Sam, I has bad chills. Really bad chills. Do you get them daily? At what time of day do they occur most?

• Posted

THey usually occur when im in bed till about mid afternoon

• Posted

I have had cold hands and feet for most of my life but since i lost 15-20 pounds i have no fat left on my body hardly so i get cold very easily. The wind can blow and it be 70 degrees and i may get cold.

• Posted

Hi Sam,

I most definitely felt that when I was going through mono, that kind of constant chills going through your body or 'low grade fever' was one of the most horrible and persistent symptoms I had to deal with, and often it can result in cold hands and feet and just feeling generally drained and unwell.

Want to reassure you Sam that this is a very normal thing with mono, it is a truly awful symptom and it was probably the single most thing along with the fatigue that I found the most debilitating and difficult to cope with, especially as it lingered and took a while to settle down. But it does settle down with time and as your body starts to recover, it's so important to get rest and remove stress as much as possible to help keep that under control. I certainly found that when I was under more stress that symptom became worse, so just look after yourself and keep yourself well hydrated, drink plenty of water and eat well and take herbs / vitamins that help with immune and nervous system.

Hang in there Sam - truly empathising remembering how horrible it was to go through those symptoms, you are going to get better I truly believe that, given my own recovery (thanks to God only) and the recovery stories of many others on here who went through such a tough and intense time with this but got back to full health again with a bit of time - better times are ahead. But when going through this just coping with one day at a time and look after yourself and seeking the support and help of good people you trust is really important - I was (and am) so lucky to have such good family and friends who supported (and support) me when I was ill with mono and at other tough times in my life - hoping so much there are people that you can talk to Sam about how you're feeling with it all, talking to others and knowing I wasn't on my own helped me a lot as it's so hard to deal with this thing on your own, especially when most people don't truly understand how awful the virus can make you feel when you look okay outwardly. Hoping you are feeling okay today Sam, hang in there this will pass and won't last forever.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.