Cold flashes

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Has anyone else have cold flashes instead of hot flashes,I'm in perimenapause and I have the cold flashes.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes!! I will get them too. And sometimes I will get a hot flash immediately followed by cold flash and start feeling clammy. It's so annoying

• Posted

Hi there. I have both. Almost like I have permanent flu. Drives me nuts, just about to drop off at night and I suddenly go all hot and have to chuck off the covers. Next minute I'm grabbing the covers because a cold flash has hit me. Can't make up its mind. This I can deal with though. The other symptoms not so easy to deal with. Lets hope it doesn't last too long for any of us. X

• Posted

Hi tina, 

I also have the teeth ach and ear ach,can you share your other symptoms. 

• Posted

Being totally honest hun, I have just about every symptom on the 66 symptoms of perimenopause and more! Too many to list. Anxiety - the severe panic attacks are the worst which is why my Dr gives me diazepam in a regular but low dose, increasing it if I have to go to the dentist or a hospital appointment, as I have developed agoraphobia. My Dr makes house calls twice per month, they all take turns at my surgery, and I don't need to arrange a visit, he just calls in on me to check me over, take blood and give me any shots I need. The hrt has worked really well. I do still have off days but I can at least function now, whereas I couldn't when this horrid transition began. Hope you are well and here if you need me. X

• Posted

I am 54 years old so I don't believe you are too old, sounds like your Dr doesn't want to be bothered to me! X

• Posted

Hi, sorry you're having this struggle. Hot and cold flashes can happen during perimenopause. Mainly what's happening is that your body's struggling to maintain a comfortable temperature for you, but it's not just the perimenopause causing it. Usually, there are lifestyle elements that also play a factor. What's happening is that your hormones are already going through natural fluctuation and then elements from lifestyle are making it even worse. And one important aspect in this is the thyroid. The thyroid is responsible for regulating your body temperature. When very extreme temp changes happen, then the thyroid is not functioning optimally.

Many people think that doing hormone therapy can resolve the problem, but that will only weaken your thyroid. The better option is to make appropriate changes to your lifestyle, particularly diet. The thyroid needs to be "retrained" and it needs specific nutrients, like iodine. Other minerals are also needed. Once these are  in your body, you'll be amazed at how well your cold flashes start to to stabilize.

Hi, birth control changes up your natural hormonal balance and would end up putting your body under more stress. That doesn't sound like something you need smile Can I ask how your food and lifestyle? Heart palpitations can come about as a result of mineral deficiencies. Selenium, for example, is something many of us lack these days. And the health of your thyroid plays a role in your symptoms too because the one of the thyroid's main functions is to regulate heart rate and it sounds like that's out of balance. When it comes to the thyroid iodine is a significant nutrient. Without enough iodine, the thyroid, quite literally, cannot do its job for you. It's also possible that you're getting enough iodine but certain foods and chemicals can BLOCK the iodine from getting to the thyroid. If that happens you can have the symptoms you mentioned.

Hope this helps,

Germaine

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

hi yes, one of my aunties has experienced the very same thing, she told me her period stop already / years at a very young age now having used a  herbal product from China, her period starts again and her flushes have gone. Hope this helps you.

Hui

• Posted

Hi Jacqui I have had them occasionally. I have seen on one website (I think I'm not allowed to say which one on here?) that cold flushes are lack of progesterone whereas hot flushes are lack of oestrogen. I have tried to find any science behind it and can't but it's an interesting theory and worth trying to up your progesterone. One way is natural progesteone cream, another is synthetic progesterone cream a third way, if you like alternative stuff is sprouting cress, like many people grew as a kid has plant progesterone    Some supermarkets do it, but read the label cos it's often rape seed instead of cress . There is a book about on how you can Grow your own HRT, all the different sprouted foods and which plant hormones they contain, the symptoms, the science behind it, some of it very recent.  Hope this helps. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.