Cold legs and anxiety making me depressed

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

New to group and looking for any help anyone can suggest. I had my last period July 2016 and all was ok until beginning February. I have seen 3 doctors, the last a lady, who says I am having menopause. She has advised looking for things to do about it like hrt etc and wonder if anyone can suggest anything.

My main symptoms are cold legs and feet, lack of sleep and appetite, hot flushes although have lessened slightly and have lost my get and go. Also feeling depressed.

Have read on here about vitamin b6 and d, but wondering if anyone else can suggest things to take.

Many thanks.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

2 words...ME TOO!

I have very cold hands, legs & feet. Than other times my hands & feet will sweat, literally drip!

I have lost about 15 lbs...I’m so nauseous & have terribly upset stomach & digestive potty issues ranging from constipation to running for the commode!

I know how u feel...I understand. 

I’m also facing anxiety & depression. Just got diagnosed very low in B Complex vitamins, iron, D & C Vitamins. Bad insomnia & nite panics. Hoping supplements will begin to help. I’m not functioning well & feel a bit depressed like you.  Sharing helps us not feel like we need to be committed 😖😊??🙏 I wish you luck...get a full Endocrinologist work up for EVERYTHING!!! Maybe u need supplements?!

• Posted

Thanks for replying good to there are other women in the same boat, going to doctor's tomorrow take care

• Posted

Had my last period nine years ago at 42 mild symptoms... until recent.im always boiling hot or freezing cold to the point my teeth can chatter...lost weight..night sweats which are new to me..terrible insomnia.. I tried supplements years ago and they did help..my dr said I deffo need hormones so going to see an endocologist ...l amalmost house bound due to panic attacks hate being in house on my own as well..it’s bloody horrible...I was a really confident outgoing person..this has wiped me out x

• Posted

Thanks for replying. Been to doctor today and been prescribed Sertraline tablets although been told will take 28 days to start working.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.