Cold sores?

Posted , 4 users are following.

About three weeks ago I got a burning sensation on my lips followed by an area of my lip becoming slighty inflamed which later turned into tiny bumps. I spoke with my doctor and they believed it was a cold sore so they sent me acyclovir & I bought abreva to apply. It lasted 5-6 days before going away completely. However, I didn't experience blistering or scabbing of the area. Which I found kind of strange considering all the things I've read about cold sores indicate they typically blister then scab before going away. I started taking 500 mg of lysine about a week ago as I heard this helped. Yesterday, I got the bumps once again. There was no burning or itching, it just came about slowly. I started on acyclovir again once I saw the bumps & have been applying abreva. Once again, it doesn't seem to be blistering or anything. It does hurt/sting a little when I move my lips. I did get blood work done for HSV 1 & 2 yesterday and am now awaiting the results. Is this normal of a cold sore? It never scabbed or officially looked like one, just like tiny bumps that went away. Maybe it was me taking the acyclovir close to the beginning? Is it normal to get two outbreaks within 2 weeks of each other?

imageimageimageimageimage

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

imageimage

These were my lips after applying ACV and TTO (I think I may have burned them because I didn't dillute them)

Another picture

• Posted

Quite normal cold sores ... nothing special ...

best regards

• Posted

Do you think that's what it could be? I tested negative for HSV 1 & 2 on a blood test I did last Friday. I schedule another one in a few weeks just to be sure. It just doesn't look like pictures of cold sores I've seen online & my symptoms don't match up either. Maybe I'm just in denial idk

• Posted

its cold sore... or did you have some white patches inside of mucosa? tongue, cheeks, gums???

• Posted

no I haven't had any white patches in my mouth. I did recently have a vaginal yeast infection (not sure if it correlates but). What makes you say they are cold sores? Like what about them looks like one? Not trying to question your judgement, just want to see where you are coming from.

• Posted

It looks like an allergy or an irritation, for now dont use any cosmetic for it to be ok

• Posted

did you ever find out what this was and if it was hsv? i have something similar as it never blistered, scabbed, hurt or anything it was just bumps that went away in a few days and am kind of freaking out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.