Cold Sores for People with Chronic Hives

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have noticed that since I have been battling hives, I get frequent cold sores as well.  Today, I am itching all over my face...not sure if it is hives or the herpes virus spreading.  I just got over a bad cold sore on my lip, now I have one under my nose and my cheeks and chin are also itching.  I'm starting to panic a bit.  Anybody else suffer with cold sores too?  

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm gonna repost the question hoping someone will comment.  I broke out last night with my third cold sore breakout of the month!  That's more days WITH cold sores than without them.  I have heard many of you say that you break out with hives on your lips....when I break out now, it's like my whole mouth and surrounding area, up to my nose, down to my chin itch and I start to panic.... Thankfully my doctor has given me prescription meds that keep them from getting horribly swollen and noticeable but, I am really bothered by WHY I am getting them so frequently. I feel like chronic hives have reduced my ability to fight off any virus and that my immunity is just low overall.  Can anyone comment if you suffer from cold sores too and if you have noticed any increase in the severity or frequency of the sores?  I have read that peanut butter can be a trigger for cold sore too....that seems ridiculous to me, but I'm willing to give abstaining from peanut butter a try!  Thanks everyone for your advice! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.