Cold spells

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

Do any of you get cold spells that just come on you out of nowhere? My last period which just ended two days ago, had me feeling really crazy. I kept getting cold chills off and on and crashing fatigue. You know the kind of fatigue where you feel like you may just collapse if you don't lie down immediately? It was so scary. I am so tired of all these crazy hormones! Someone let me off this crazy busy ride, please!!!!

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If I start getting a little grumpy my husband knows, I'm tired cold and hungry! What shall we do first he says? Usually it's the need for food making me feel cold. A meal warms me up and a nap and I'm ready to go again. 

• Posted

I've had the cold to extreme . For at least 4 years and especially across my shoulders , it felt like my muscles got so tight I felt like it was restricting my breathing. Frighten the life out of me. I dread the thought of the cold weather coming in again now but if I stand over a warm fire or go to bed and wstm up , I'm fine again . But I only know am starting to feel like I'm get hot flushes.

But the weakness and tiredness at period, I was getting that to like I was dying off no energy. I even had to drink 7up a couple of times and go lie down as I didn't have the energy to eat my dinner. But touch wood . I haven't had that for a few months. But I try to eat little and often to balance my sugar levels.

Thank god . From this page I feel normal. But I only found this age recently, I didn't have it over the last 4 years. And doctor didn't help either. Not even a mention of peri. Just checked thyroid . 😩😩😩

• Posted

The 7up is probably NOT helping, neither is (strangely enough) the idea of eating little and often.

We were not designed to graze all day. 7up will give you a quick burst of energy from the sugar and a worse dip afterwards.

What you need is a slow, steady release of energy. I find my morning porridge with raw honey, cinnamon (helps balance blood sugar) and flax seeds, keeps me going 'till lunch at 1.30 - 2.00PM.

As for doctors - I'm beginning to think they should carry a government health warning!lol

• Posted

Well when I get 7 up it gets me out off the absolute no energy part . Then I can Eat some of my lunch or dinner. So my dinner will be sorting me by the time the 7uo drop hits. 😀😀

I tryed the porridge for breakfast but it fills me with wind. 😩😩😩 bloated all day then. But I'm going to try the flax seed , thank you

• Posted

Yes I think your right about doctors, 😜😜😜

• Posted

Yeah. I don't bleed heavy every month thank God! But this past period left me so weak and then I started feeling like I had the flu with this crazy chill in my system. It has turned cold suddenly here in NY. That didn't help either.

• Posted

Yes!!! particularly in the evening i can change clothes literally 3 or 4 times!!! most nights!!! i will get cold about teatime put something cosier on like a long sleeved dress, then a couple of hours later, get too hot, & put a sleeveless dress on, then about 2 or 3 hours later get coldd again - put the long sleeve dress back on, then at bedtimeish - 11pm - 12am ish, get really hot again - the sleeveless dress goes back on!!! its crazy!!!   xxxx

• Posted

oh no!  I have an idea.  Just wear the sleeveless dress with a cardigan and forget the other dress altogether.  cheesygrin

• Posted

Sounds like a plan!cheesygrin

The other day it was dull and wet here when I went into town. I started out in a vest top T shirt, jumper and quilted raincoat. By the time I sat down to lunch I was down to the vest top and half considering taking THAT off. Now THAT might have caused a stir - it would certainly put folks off their food.lol

• Posted

ha ha. Could start a new trend, just wearing a bra.  Would be a problem though if you're like me and find them too uncomfortable.  Now THAT would definitely put them off their food, for life! eek

• Posted

Me too, I hate bras! Vest tops n pray air con not too cold in supermarket! x
    • Posted

lollollol Wearing vest tops more and more. Sometimes you do need more support, then I wear something like the wonderful invention - the ah bra or something similar. I can't be doing with scaffolding - even if I need it!

• Posted

LOL!!!   you must think I'm bonkers......rolleyesthing is, i only have really lovely cardigans that i dont really want to use for just lounging around the house in...... i sometimes put my dressing gown over my sleeveless dress if its later on in evening, but dont like putting it on earlier as it gets me wrongly psyched up for going to bed - like at teatime!!!  lol......but thanks for the well meant suggestion!!!  xxxlol

• Posted

have you ever tried those stretchy cotton bras?  i wear proper underwired ones out of the house, but at home wear these really soft bra tops to stop me juggling about & drooping & give a little support & shape under clothes at home. they are much more comfy than "normal" bras but i wouldnt wear them out of the house, just at home.  i bought several from a big well known dept store beginning with deb, they are called belvia made by jml, & are soooooooooo soft & comfy.  xx

• Posted

hi looloo.  thanks for that.  I had bought sports bras but found the material too heavy that it really became uncomfortable after an hour or so.  I have seen those softer ones in the cheaper shops but felt the material and they just didn't feel right.  I will look out for the ones that you've mentioned.  Do you know what the material is?  The sports ones are not that soft and quite elasticy which is the uncomfortable bit.  thnks

• Posted

I have a couple called comfort bras from asda. Mostly cotton. Wide straps and wide elasticated under band. With removable pads. They are very comfy.
    • Posted

Same as me! Asda's owned by walmart so perhaps the girls in the US could get something similar there? The original is called the ah bra, 'cos that's what you say when you put one on - not 'ow, ooch, eek'!lol

• Posted

the ones i got from deb..... are still on offer £4.49 each if you buy the straightforward non wired padded ones - i have  a few in black & white & find they are most comfy if you remove the pads. they are 92% polyamide 8% elastane, but although not cotton - they really feel like super quality cotton to touch/wear. they wash well & the white ones are still as bright as when i first bought them , they are far better than the ones i bought from m and s before & much cheaper. i might buy some more actually while they're still on offer!! they don't make you feel sweaty/hot either if you take the pads out. i can't get out n about shopping at the moment because of my chronic bowel problems, or i might have tried the asda ones, but i have found the cottton ones tend to lose their brightness/fade with more washing, whereas the belvia ones haven't, & of course i can get them delivered from deb....... xx

• Posted

thanks for all that!  I'll definitely get these, very helpful cheesygrin

• Posted

Asda ones are not cotton, but a similar mix to the ones you mention. They do go a bit bobbly after a while, but at £3 - £4 who cares!lol

I've never understood padded bras - OK if you have 'bee stings' but when you have 38c hanging around your neck, why one earth would you want padding? If I ever had a breast reduction I could have a facelift free - fromsad to cheesygrin

I have started to wear vest tops around the house and in the garden and only wear bras when I go out. Far from making me 'saggy' things are - shall we say - 'looking up'?lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.