cold turkey

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Guys i stopped taking Diazapam 4 weeks ago,i was ok for the first 10 days,but since then i have insomnia almost like an anxiety feeling coming from my stomach up into my chest and throat all the time,iv'e never experienced this before,hence labelling it as anxiety,i had been taking from 5mg to 15 mg when needed for muscle spasms for past 4 years.

i have weaned off various drugs for apin releif over the past cpl of years but this is by far not pleasant..has anyone else experienced these symptoms?

many thanks:-)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nikki, yes I have the same symptoms as you.. I have been weaning off Lorazepam  and I am doing it VERY slowly..It's probably worth you upping your dose slightly till you find your anxiety managed and then wean of very slowly .. 

• Posted

Hi Nikki

Sorry to hear.  Insomnia worst bit.  Anxiety is bad but ehen you add no sleep its hell. I tried various things.  I went to psychiatrist about the sleep and he gave me quetiapine off label at very low dose off label.  Is an antipsychotic at much higher doses.  I take 12.5 mg before bed.  It worked then and it still works now 6 months later.  It has very strong antihistamine whatevers.  You feel sluggish in the morning but thats how it is.  They are non-addictive apparently.  He (psych) told me that if someone was admitted to a ward suffering acute withdrawal thats what they would be given. I think it also helps with the anxiety.   I am now tapering the last couple of mg of my diazepam  very slow and its helping me still.  I have heard others talk about trazadone but you cant get it where i live.  Good luck.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.