Cold turkeyd off 300 mg effexor. Doctor put me on 35 mg of cymbalta. Was in effexor for over 10 plu

Posted , 2 users are following.

Oops put it in wrong place. I have severe edema. ? Theydont know why I have swollen hands and feet and knees. Very painful. So depressed.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Denise. I have been on 300mg venlafaxine and 15 mg mirtazapine since July 2015 and they work great for me. I was wondering though, how you managed to quit cold turkey.
    • Posted

I was put on 35 mg of cymbalta but did not help. I did not do well at all wanted to pull my hair out literally, would snap easily

Which is not like me. Very sad cried every day. Now I a mess suffering terrible. Constant pain carpel tunnel and swelling of hands snd feet.

• Posted

Why did you guit taking venlafaxine cold turkey? Did it quit working for you? I hope you will find some relief soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.