Cold turkeyed Mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please someone help I really need advice!!, I cold turkeyed mirtazapine and didn't reinstate until 5.5 weeks later as the horrible anxiety didn't surface until then. I only had total nausea the first 4 weeks and lost a stone. I reinstated at 3.9mg for 5 days then 7.5mg for 8 days. I Then went back on my original dose but that was at 7 weeks after my cold turkey. I have been on 15mg for 15 days but not had much relief from this nightmare anxiety. How long does anyone think it takes for the Mirtazapine to help relieve the anxiety?

My doctor keeps saying several weeks but don't know if this is the case. Please help!!!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, don't feel bad, I was only off them for a couple of days and the tears came flooding back at work.

I thought I was well but obviously not and proved the meds were working. I shall carry on with the 15mg. How long had you been on them before you stopped?

• Posted

Sorry this is happening to you. I was only on mirt for 10 days and then stopped the size effects were awful. Dizzy to the point of falling over, mouth so dry my tounge cracked, put on 1 whole kilo. Not for me. Medication seems to cling to me in days of taking it so not sure how long you have to wait. If it seems no good good back to your doctor and change it your no ones guinea pig and there not god. Listen to your body your the best judge. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.