Cold wind set mine off this week...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had this for three years. I feel my neck tight on right side. The occipital seems to swell up and the muscles there into painful knot. Pain carries from there into my temple which makes me want to be sick and into my cheek. Which is on fire. My teeth have occasionally just recently having sensitivity. My gp gave me amitriptyline but I only take occasionally on flare ups as need to drive alot. Can surgery stop this??? I feel very low now and just want to drop dead.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi so sorry to hear about this I've had some sort of numbness tingling shooting pains in my neck cheeks jaw and lips go so numb and my whole leftside feels weak I got told it was neuralgia yesterday after 7 years I'm not convinced tbh but the past 2 weeks have been awful not just the pain but the numbness 😭

• Posted

I'm not sure I had a mri 7 years ago when this all started because it makes my arm feel weak and my ankle cold mine was all good and that was it only got.told it was neuralgia paresthesia

• Posted

I get it Marinna, please keep speaking to your GP. I literally wanted to op to half half my face removed at 1st. The cold temp and wind do set mine off everytime. i dont have the same symptoms as you and dont have it in my neck only my left side of face. hot water bottles didnt help for me but do for some. My employer had to change my role to suit my situation as and when the wind changed (literally) . I seemed to go in and out of remission for 1st cpl years now its here all the time at different levels. take to good and do what u can when u can and be kind to yourself when your not so good, its a life adjustment which takes time patients and perseverance. Ive had MRI's nothing is ever found. it took a while to find the right mediacation that worked for me. its important to keep talking to ppl and know that it will get easier....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.