Coldness (little bit of numbness)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Today my left foot (toes) were colder than usual, I should mention I have not been diagnosed with Diabetes, but I have started getting really paranoid and think that my problem with cold feet could be related to Diabetes. I'll explain a bit more.

I went to the gym on Sunday afternoon, and dropped a 25kg plate on my left foot, didn't think anything of it, until today when I realised my left foot was cold. More so my toes. No other symptoms. 

I have tried warming them up using a water bottle which seems to be working, but I am planning on going to the doctor tomorrow morning. 

I have been researching it all night and wanted other peoples opinions, I understand that you are not doctors and cannot diagnose me etc etc. just wanted your opinions.

Thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I should mention I have anxiety. I have been worrying a lot about this, but I've mentioned it too my Dad and he doesnt think anything of it, he has type 1 diabetes
  • Posted

I think you need to go to the hospital to have your foot checked as it sounds as if it is so badly bruised and you could have nerve damage there leaving it this long could of caused more problems, please let us know how you have got on, also did you cut it at all
    • Posted

I went to the doctors and releved my worries of diabetes. He said it was nerve damage and to rest my foot, he checked it out and he said I should feel better in the next week or so. Thanks for helping out smile 

• Posted

How did you get on. Definitely worth getting it checked out.
    • Posted

I went to the docs, he told me it was nerve damage, to rest my foot, and if any symptoms continue then to go back, he said to rest it. smile 
    • Posted

Hi glad you got it checked. Nerve damage needs to be carefully dealt with. I had some following surgery. It felt numb. I had to rub it with various textures to get sensation back. It took several months to work. I would definitely go back next week if it has not improved.
    • Posted

Hi, how has yours improved? I havent been noticing any problems, apart from when I get home at night when I start thinking if I've noticed any numbess etc, and then I start experiencing it, I'm putting it down to Anxiety at the moment, as I was qutie worried about it. I'll see if it happens anymore and go back to the docs. smile 
    • Posted

Always best to check things out if you are anxious. Mine has so improved that I have 95 o/o of my sensations back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.