Colds

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi ladies in peri with all its symptoms just eondering if any of you have been more prone to picking up colds and coughs during this time

thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi nanette yes me. and ive also developed asthma since menapause. thank god im not alone tjrought it was just me. also a nagging cough xx

• Posted

hi karen thanks for the reply and no its not just you i am exactly the same i have a horrible cough just wont shift so sick of feeling like this xx

• Posted

Yes! I had 2 bouts of strep throat last summer....never had it in my life. Also, I have a canker on the side of my tongue. I know they are not viral or anything, but they spring up more now since peri!

• Posted

I drink aloe vera & take bee pollen

I rarely get ill

I have just had a dose if the flu but took hardly any meds

on the worst day 4 cocodamol

• Posted

I'm dealing with a cold now and cant seem to shake it. had shingles in December, never thought I would get those, and a cough that doesnt want to go away. 🙄

• Posted

Yeah, it is common cause our immune system doesn't work properly during peri.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.