Colitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

My colonoscopy biopsies came back suggesting I have lymphocytic colitis (they found a mild increase of lymphocytes in my colon)... I had to read the patho report a few times trying to make sense of it lol... I did some googling and found that this is a type of IBD and its a type of microscopic colitis. Aside from occasional stomach cramping, mucous present in my stools, and lots of gurgling in the tummy, I don't have other symptoms of colitis like bad watery diarrhea which I have read is a common symptom. If anything, I am usually constipated. Can you have mild colitis without diarrhea or can you have this type of colitis with constipation instead? I have a follow up soon with my gastro but thought I'd leave a comment here to see if anyone has any experience with this. Thanks!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi Alexis! sorry to hear this but good you've got a diagnosis. hope you get a reply soon. take care!

• Edited

Also, Suzanne, my doctor's nurse called with a way earlier follow up appt. about this. (Earliest I could get in was like 3 weeks) but I have my follow up tomorrow morning actually... Nurse said my doc is unclear if this could be the cause of my symptoms... but we'll talk tomorrow to see if there are any next steps. I just wanted to tell you since we've all been following each other's cases and you've been so sweet to ask about how I am doing and tell me your progress 😃

• Edited

Aw this forum has helped me so much! thank you for sharing updates! great you got a follow up quickly too, fingers crossed you get some progress tomorrow! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.