Colitis with no weight loss

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had slight blood in stool for over 15 years, started with constipation but occassional bloody diarrhea I have no weight loss, no fatigue, good appetite I do have hemmorhoids and anal itch only at night was originally diagnosed with mild colitis

Anyone else have similar symptoms?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi isn't it a B disease

I'm in a massive flair at the moment and like you I'm definitely not losing weight and still enjoying my food but I'm certain it's UC after numerous tests.

Is the blood bright red, do you have just spotting with it or a lot

How often do you have camera

• Posted

Mostly bright red, sometimes a little darker but hard to tell if that is mixed with the stool. Not massive amounts, very little cramping. I can have somewhat normal movements for a day or two then return to the looser ones with blood. How long do your flairs last, this has been going on for while after nothing for years. On and off for about 15-20 years. Frustrating!

• Posted

Same here, flair can last a couple of weeks but have had 11 months and now 4 months and pretty bad, like you red and some darker, not always diarrhea but often constipation and I am loose today after a prawn dish from Indian last night I think not good, trying salofalk suppositories but suppose it want work fast, felt hot and cold earlier but think making sure to keep hydrated is good

• Posted

Same here I pretty much have a good appetite and energy so its not horrible except for the few hours in and out of the bathroomDairy seems to set me off

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.