Collapse and antenolol

Posted , 4 users are following.

last April I collapsed with no prior indication fell flat on my face onto Tarmac did damage to teeth and head, two days ago I was in the kitchen felt that I wasn't in control for split couple of seconds then collapsed, out only for approx five seconds my son said, came round and asked him what happened there then, he called paramedics who checked everything bp was very high, they called ambulance and off to Coventry hospital, on way over my bp was registering 198/128, more test at hospital now going back next week to see unexplained loss of conscience for more tests, Had to see my own Doc yesterday and she put me straight onto Antenolol, not sure how long these will take to react, since collapse two days ago just feel tired

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, forgot to say this is not me it is my husband who is 63 who has had the collapse
    • Posted

Hi. How awful for your husband and you. I am the same age as your husband and have been suffering from high bp for several years which is controlled by ramipril. Your husband may well have other underlying issues which your GP should identify. The further tests may well draw some conclusions. You don't say if your husband smokes, drinks or is overweight. All these things catch up with you eventually as does lack of exercise. Good luck and keep us posted.
    • Posted

Hi, he is 63, never smoked, low intake of alcohol, moderate excercise, weight just under 13st
    • Posted

Doesn't sound like he's a high flyer and if he's of normal height (not that I know what normal height is LOL ) his weight is not too bad, not his heart as they would have kept him in, could be he has a virus or migraines, you sadly have to wait for further tests before you will know for sure.

Hope he's feeling better now, I do get head spins but don't pass out thank goodness.

• Posted

Just realised didn't read numbers, his were quite and could cause feinting, his meds should bring it down, my OHwere considerably higher when he was ffirst diagnosed and he was falling over with half fronts, he's fine now .
    • Posted

Hi there. How has hubby been for the last few days? Anymore incidents? I think other posts may be right in that he could be suffering from a nasty virus or something which is causing the fainting. The high bp could just be a symptom not a cause.

Keep us posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.