Collapsed

Posted , 8 users are following.

Now here's an interesting one:   A few weeks ago I had my meds in the morning with breakfast as usual and about half an later got up and prompty collapsed.   I don't remember much but apparently I got up a few more times and collapsed again.   The wife called the ambulance but the paramedics were a little flumoxed because they couldn't find a pulse so they called out another unit.   Between them they managed to drag me up the hall and out the front door, stick me on a stretcher and get me to the hospital.   Eventually I came to my senses but stayed in overnight for observation.   The wife took my BP when I was down - 134/80 and blood sugars were 8.0 so it was neither of them.   I then thought perhaps I may have taken a double dose of my morning meds:   physiotens, prednisone, telmisartan, tramadol, panadol,, actemra and fish oil but the symptoms didn't match.   They monitored my heart and eventually let me go.   Since then I've had scans and wore a heart monitor for 24 hours to check for irregularities, but all was fine.   Total mystery to all.   Personally, I think it was the actemra, but I'll never know.   At least I provided a little entertainment for the neighbours, apparently all came out for a bit of a gander to see what was going on.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

That's really not funny at all but it did make me smile.Finding the positive isn't always easy but you've managed it. Hope your ok now 😊

• Posted

Most people have their cocktails in the evening Tony not at breakfast and boy does that lot sound a cocktail.  That aside though, it must have been a shock and your poor wife must have been so worried. 

I hope you are OK now and that it never happens to you again.

• Posted

Dang Tony! You had a bad day to say the least. Hope you are all better now and that was just a fluke that never happens again!
  • Posted

Funny how your state of health alters your mindset.   When I was fit and healthy and went in for surgery, gallstones, haemoroids, whatever, whilst I didn't worry, I always thought there was a very small chance I wouldn't wake up, I didn't want that and crossed my fingers.   Now that I'm not fit and healthy whenever, I go under with anesthetic I still cross my fingers, only now I hope I won't wake up, it's time to leave, I'm finished here!

• Posted

Hang in there Tony, tomorrow will be better. God has a plan for each of us. You make a difference in people's lives whether you realize it or not. 

• Posted

River is absolutely right Tony and  think how unhappy your family and friends would be if you weren't here.

• Posted

I'm fine, well as fine as Ican be.   Been having trouble with my right arm lately:   tapered the prednisone from 7 to 6.5 and started having problems: Excruciating ache in my left arm.   Only thing that helps in ibuprofen.   Quite annoying being woken every morning at 3am, then running around the house heating up wheat packs and taking ibuprofen.

• Posted

I have another cocktail at night comprised of prednisone, minipress, tramadol, panadol, fish oil, probiotic and vitamin B complex.   Yummy.   All to no avail though: I still have high blood pressure, myskin is really oily, my pee is bright yellow and when I wake in the mornings my arms are painful in the extreme.   Still, I'm keeping the pharmaceutical companies and wheat pack companies in business, so that's something.   You should see the look on the blokes faces when I join them at the urinal.

• Posted

you are one funny guy, Tony---you keep us laughing.  Thanks for your input : )   

• Posted

The mysteries of the Human body, sounds like the type of thing that would happen to me judging on previous stays in hospital, blocked gallbladder could find no cause, etc, even the methotrexate sent me to A and E, anyway hope things OK or as well as they can be.
  • Posted

I think a professional body designer, if there were such a thing, would look at the human body and put it down to a failure of epic proportions!!
    • Posted

Evolution makes the best of what it's got, crams things in here and there a bit extra here and a bit less there.

• Posted

One thought!!  Be sure to drink tons of water.  My Rheumatologist says,"Hydrate, hydrate, and HYDRATE!" until your pee is very pale yellow or no color at all.  She says with all the meds we are on we need to keep our bodies flushed with water. Sure hope you are feeling better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.