Collegian calculus and the vaguely possible protocol

Posted , 3 users are following.

The college has no authority or credibility because of it's own numbers. Their word cannot be used in court as the public's attorney would immediately call attention to these numbers (the sum totals of their investigations). How many of the college's rare rulings (against a doctor) are related to a sexual offense as opposed to quackery? The fact of the matter is if we applied pure math to the college's numbers it would be necessary to throw them all out. Recalling our last dicussion on collegian calculus we discovered the vast majority of of the college's rulings (against a doctor) were of a sexual nature and had little to do with the practice of medicine or public safety. How could this be possible? These numbers represent an anomaly too large to ignore and as a result bring into question every decision the college ever made.

Why was the college's weak protocol ever substituted for the manufacturer recommendations for Cipro? Someone at the college suggested medicine is not an exact science but is that still valid when it is engineered to be so? Would it be difficult or confusing to direct blame of a malpractice if doctors follow this thin, engineered protocol rather than the CPS. Is this the real reason why somehow the college's protocol which relies on only a single vague possibility (empirical treatment for possible UTI) came to replace the CPS and has allowed great quantities of Cipro to be pumped compared to if the necessary safety protocols had to be followed? For instance the manufacturer advises susceptibility tests be performed (in a test tube, not the college's way). In addition if NGU is suspected, which is the leading cause of bladder infection in young adult males (possible UTI), then a concurrent regimen of doxycycline would be necessary to prevent risk of a superinfection which is an exponential bacterial overgrowth resulting in cell destruction and mutation. The reason being that any bacteria unsusceptible to Cipro is propogated exponentially as a mutated strain instead of being killed. So how does that translate to a human testsubject? If you consider the path of NGU (travels through the penis, then testicles then prostate), when Cipro is introduced the NGU is propogated exponentially creating a localized trauma (in your penis).

The results of this experiment can be seen in nature. Say you have a crossbow with a stored energy of 200 lbs. It has stirrups for your feet and your boots are too big. As you are pulling back the bolt to full draw, the stirrups slip off your toes and the knock is driven back into your penis with a concentrated force. A couple days later your penis may appear swollen but the next morning you awake to find your penis looking shriveled and deflated. This condition does not improve and when you see the doctor he tells you there is a 50/50 chance your penis could eventually grow back as it has sustained significant localized trauma. The similarity to a superinfection ends there as one is an unfortunate accident and the other is a deviant malpractice. In truth this could be accomplished with a single well placed blow with a 24 oz framing hammer which represents the blunt instrument that is the college's protocol.

The college would have you believe that the sheer sophistication of their doctors would completely make up for their primitive protocol but the only way to know if a bacteria is susceptible to Cipro is with a susceptibility test. To believe this could be detected by the naked eye or by using some innate sixth sense or superior powers of reasoning and deduction is more evidence of the college's elitist counter culture. Obviously it is crucial our institutions are legitimate even if their word is no good in an actual court of law. The college's counter culture is too cynical, partisan, biased and incapable of empathy for the public if they can only see what is vaguely possible and not the actual truth. There is no point sitting back waiting for the rest of the civilized world to decide when empirical treatment with Cipro will be banned as this only lends to the illusion our institutions have not been complicit in these cruelly calculated experiments when they most certainly are. Supposedly this is a complicated issue but can no one recall " What a tangled web we Weave " or Pandora's box? That is where our governments store their Cipro.

At this juncture I am asking for a federal intervention in the form of a nation wide ban on empirical treatment with Cipro. The practice of medicine is provincial jurisdiction but reporting the side effects of Cipro is federally mandated.

The college's elitist counter culture and their refusal to table the relevant warnings in the CPS or the German studies I submitted to both the college and the ministry of health in 2001/2002 , preclude them from being able to draw the necessary parallels to ascertain what the side effects of Cipro even are. That and the fact that their own experiment, where the outcome is already assumed, lacks the controls of a proper experiment and compromises the people's empirical data .

In the many letters I wrote to the college/ government in that time period I implored them to explain how this protocol could be adequate or even consistent with basic human rights. But in 16 years time I have received no answer. There can be no meaningful discussion in Alberta or anywhere in Canada if our regional authorities have nothing to say because there is nobody capable of plugging the gaping hole in their feeble protocol (bluntest of instruments).

Until empirical treatment with Cipro is banned, the public will continue to be at the mercy of the whims of the college's sophisticates who believe they can ascertain susceptibility to Cipro through visual examinations and superior instincts and reasoning. The existence of the college's blunt instrument is clear evidence of their animus towards the public.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Good grief, Eric, I've just read this and can only agree with you but I also have to say that it's way beyond the normal scope of the forums on this site! 

I'm having similar battles here in the UK where the guidelines say FQ side effects are extremely rare and suggest that only the tendons are affected.  They say they can't update the guidelines until the MHRA tell them to and they say they can do nothing until the European MA review into FQs comes back with a decision which may take another year yet.

Meanwhile, I pointed out to the guidelines people that the evidence they use is well out of date and they should use some more recent studies than but they say they can't!  Duh?

Are you in any of the Canadian FQ groups?  There are many campaigners fighting there so you don't have to do this alone. Join a group and use your writing skills and knowledge to help and be helped in this fight.

• Posted

Good morning Miriam thanks again for your kind words and deeds! Superinfection is the original warning for Cipro and if it was not completely ignored and written out of the treatment protocol we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. If the medical establishment did not believe superinfection was an acceptable collateral damage then peripheral neuropathy would never have been discovered. Denial of the danger or risk of superinfection made it possible for the prolific experiments that ensued over these past decades and gave rise to peripheral neuropathy which is more " measurable "and possibly less rare. But who can know given the outcome is already assumed in these uncontrolled experiment? Our empirical data is corrupted and near useless, that is true.

As far as I know I am the lone protester here in Alberta and there is no fq support group. I still have much to share however. There is much time for contemplation and introspection in the years following this experiment when I was made weightless, irrelevant and invisible. I have the words I just need to put them together. I want to explore themes like irony, tragedy and hubris. Hubris is "demonstrating an excess of presumption" which describes the treatment protocol for Cipro as well as the bureaucrats and sophisticates who rely on quackery to treat empirically. More to come!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.