Collegian calculus (math of marginalization)

Posted , 5 users are following.

One of the college's previous registrars likened the public to a "culture of blame ". Possibly this can be demonstrated numerically. Around the same time over a 10 year period the CPSA fielded 6500 complaints. 120 of these resulted in some action being taken (against the doctor, possibly just a letter on his file). 120/6500 equals .01846 a very small number but artificially inflated because the majority of the cases in the numerator involve sexual impropriety, not quackery. Possibly a more accurate number would be 20. This may even be generous but exact numbers are not necessary in collegian calculus, only the concept that a small number divided by a very large one is roughly zero. 20/6500 yields. 003077 which approaches (approximates) zero. If you consider when treating empirically with Cipro (empirical is defined as" relying on quackery ", "verifiable through experiment "wink the doctor assumes the experiment will have a positive outcome despite the following:

1) he is prescribing Cipro for a bacteria already known to be "unsusceptible " to Cipro. NGU is unsusceptible to Cipro but in Alberta it's OK to "treat " with Cipro

2) he is prescribing Cipro for "possible UTI " or suspected prostatitis whereby the doctor admits he has not isolated the bacteria but assumes it will be susceptible to Cipro because as he explains it to the patient, it is " a very powerful but very safe drug "

3) he has no idea what the patients toxicity threshold is when Cipro attacks all connective tissue (crippled) or what happens after the blood/brain barrier is breached (psychotic)

4) he has not heeded the CPS (manufacturer recommendations), FDA warnings and black box label.

It seems possible that the odds your life will be ruined by Cipro are greater than the college ruling in your favor against a doctor (for quackery ). In the case of the culture of blame vs the college's counter culture (the cult of the illusion of legitimacy) who really deserves to be marginalized here? Wouldn't it make sense for doctors to heed the CPS (manufacturer recommendations ), FDA warnings and black box label instead of the college's protocols?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Eric,

"..... FDA warnings and black box label instead of the college's protocols?", your answer is right here.

My assumption is that the doctor, presumably a human being, feels warm, comfortable, and safe with the college's protocols. The FDA warnings and black box label, on the other hand, are alien. When such alien factors are balanced against the warm and friendly alternatives offered by the college's protocol,

it becomes clear which will be the likely choice the doctor will make.

Is my logic completely flawed?  Do get back to me with your thoughts on this, and set my mind at ease!

Warm regards. Alan.

• Posted

Hi Alan it's great to hear from you again. I doubt this will set your mind at ease but I will offer my thoughts. Doctors ignore the manufacturer recommendations because they require "susceptibility tests" to be performed for possible UTI or suspected prostatitis (in a test tube) to ensure the bacteria will be susceptible to Cipro or risk an exponential overgrowth. That takes time and resources. The FDA warnings and black box label are ignored otherwise the flow of Cipro will slow to a trickle if it is only to be used as a last resort or treatment for anthrax or the plague. The college is the pump in the Cipro pipeline.

• Posted

Hi, Eric,

Yes, I buy that too! It's just one more road block preventing the complex issues to be resolved. I like your high-lighting the College as "The Pump" in the Cipro pipeline.

Eric, keep up the good work; it is thanks to people like you that we have any hope of eventually bringing the mass killing to an end, and in misery all I can do is hold your jacket and bring you water. Alan!!!

• Posted

Thanks Allan for your words of encouragement and thanks to Miriam and everyone on this site for their contributions to our cause. I am infinitely grateful for this forum to be able to share ideas and thoughts that otherwise would have no outlet. Today is a great day friends. I have finally received word from our federal health agency and they have been in contact with the EMA and are waiting for their decision sometime in July. Although there is nothing concrete at this moment it seems better than endless denials! Strength to your arm my friend.
    • Posted

Dear Eric,

You once told us of your tears of happiness when you finally got a response. The flip side are the tears I shed right now in my sheer frustration at not being able to help you much, much more!

The usual, "Hang in there, Old Buddy" has become so hackneyed that I am reluctant to repeat it here.

Warm regards, Alan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.