Colon Cancer

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am an 18 yr old male. I 5 days ago began noticing a slight pain in my lower abdomen after consuming an energy drink. I don't usually drink energy drinks so I just thought it probably uspet my stomach. Now, 5 days later I still have the same dull ache in my abdomen and I have been constipated as well. The ache in my lower abdomen seems to move around as well. One day it will be on the right side, the next day it will be on the left. What are the chances I have colon cancer?? Or am I just constipated? I have been drinking a ton of water and eating lots of cherries, peaches and raspberries. So far it's not helping much! What should I do? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ben

To reassure you it is most unlikely to be bowel cancer. If it does not go away, take a trip to your GP .Energy drinks are not healthy drinking so best avoided 

• Posted

I think it could be just stomach cramps that we tend to have every now and then.i highly doubt it's cancer because with cancer it normally have other symptoms as well..if you are very worry then have it check out but in the mean time just be cool cause it will be fine.take care and hope u feel better.

• Posted

I think you have a slightly impacted colon. Which simply means you are full of sh**. Just a little poop humor. But seriously you may need to get more aggressive so that you are able to get your colon cleaned out, so to speak.

If you live in the US there is an over the counter medication called Merilax that does a wonderful job without stimulants. You want to avoid stimulants if you can. And never use them on a regular basis. Anyway drink the Merilax every day until you start emptying. And if you have a chronic problem with constipation then use it daily. It has no taste at all so can be mix it into any drink.

If you ever become seriously constipated you might want to try magnesium citrate. But only use it when you can stay home for the day. And only use it if you have to. Generally one bottle is enough to clean you out. Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you everybody who has replied. Just an update, I have a Dr appt scheduled this upcoming week. My lower abdominal discomfort has turned more into constant stomach cramps that don't hurt to bad but are just annoying. Ive been able to go to the bathroom 2 times a day but with straining and difficulties. I am still very worried. I'm hoping it's just constipation but now I'm concerned it's something much worse. If you guys have had this or have any experience or advice about something similar to what I have right now please let me know. My mind is racing on what could be happening 

• Posted

Have you tried the magnesium citrate that I recommended? You would not be straining to go if you had tried that. Or at the very least Miralax. They're both going to help you have a BM.

• Posted

I have used the miralax.. yes it has helped a bit but I feel the pain still. The pain is so weird. I'll wake up with it on the lower left side of my abdomen and then next hour it will be in my lower right abdomen, then it will seem to be in my lower left side/back. My dr. Appt is tomorrow at 2. Anybody ever feel anything like this? 

• Posted

It sounds exactly like an impacted colon. There are two sharp bends in your colon where poop gets stuck. One on the right and one on the left. I'm glad to here that you tried the Merilax, and it sounds like you've got things moving. Using Merilax is a very slow method of moving things along. That's why I suggested magnesium citrate. It will clean you out fast. But I guess we'll see what the doctor had to say tomorrow.

• Posted

In most cases, it's not clear what causes colon cancer. Doctors know that colon cancer occurs when healthy cells in the colon develop errors in their DNA.

Healthy cells grow and divide in an orderly way to keep your body functioning normally. But when a cell's DNA is damaged and becomes cancerous, cells continue to divide even when new cells aren't needed. As the cells accumulate, they form a tumor.

• Posted

You should really think about cleaning up your diet and talk with your GP.

It sounds like you need to drink more water and eat more fruit and veggies.

It could be Diverticulitis.

I would not jump on the I have cancer band wagon, was feeling real bad after I ate I only felt better when I didnt eat, then I started looking onto probiotics started eating lots of yoghurt and it didnt do much then I purchased a yoghurt making kit from .com and it made a massive difference.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.