Colon Cancer

Posted , 9 users are following.

I’m a 25 year old female that suffers from anxiety. My mom was diagnosed with colon cancer at 49 and passed away from surgery complications. She did genetic testing and did not have the cancer gene. So I’ve been having some bleeding when I wipe or after I have a bm. It normally happens when I pass a large stool. It started about 4-6years ago. 

Recently for the past few weeks it’s been happening after every bm when I wipe there is bright red blood either on the toilet paper, covering a little of the stool or in the toilet. I also noticed there is something pretuding from my anus that’s sometimes sore and burns after bm. Sometimes I can wipe without having a bm and notice a little bright red blood. Ive also

gained about 40lbs within the last two years due to stress and depression.I’ve been reading on google and all the sights  say colon cancer. I’m scared because I’m so young. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like it could be a hemmroid. They can be on the outside or inside.
  • Posted

Dear jael I can understand why you are worried with your mom having colon cancer I'm not a health care professional but definitely see about getting a referral to a gastro doctor he will most likely do a colonoscopy with your history but if you have protrusion it can possibly be hemmroids or benign polyps see a doctor asap to hopefully ease your mind and I'm so sorry you lost your mom at such a young age prayers to you and hugs please keep us posted we are all here for you Susan is a great source of comfort on this site hopefully she will weigh in

• Posted

I always say this. Sometimes the hardest part of getting over anxiety is dealing with doctors that do not listen. If you are that worries, go private! It's around £400 for an Mri and consultation. They can normally see you with the week, if you are lucky. Therez problem solved.

• Posted

Jael- suggest you make an appointment with your doctor tell him of your symptoms and family history say you want to have a colonoscopy- it sounds like you have been reading too many symptoms on-line- (I know you have a close family member who had cancer)(Just like I had) I am so sorry about your mum-

but, don't jump to conclusions too soon-it may not be that bad-it could be polyps or piles-

The crowd of people on here try to give advice (we are not professionals )-we just try to make people feel that things need to be sorted if they are feeling anxious about symptoms. Always speak to a doctor about anything you are worried about.

Keep us up to speed on how you get on.

Good Luck

Susan

• Posted

You are very young to have bowel cancer. Also the blood with cancer is often quite dark. My advice is to check ?with your Dr., ask about a colonoscopy, try not to Google and keep using this site. There are some great people here! Anxiety is a major problem for many people. I'm about to take a Lorazapam and all I'm doing is going to the dentist! Best wishes.. 

• Posted

Using Google to diagnose problems is not a good idea, it's best to keep away from this and consult a real doctor.  Your weight gain is not usually seen with bowel cancer, the opposite is more usual.  I would agree with the other commenters that haemorrhoids are more likely to be the problem rather than cancer.  But it's better to be safe than sorry so I would certainly advise that you consult a doctor and push for a colonoscopy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.