Colon Cancer Fear??!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello.

So I’ve posted here before in regards to my symptoms but feel like I need to post again.

I’ve been suffering from soft loose stools that are flat for nearly 3 months now. I sometimes get a sudden urge to go. I also sometimes get constipated later in the evening it seems with the loose flat stools being in the morning.

I’ve had mucus before but I’ve cut out lactose and this has since stopped. I’ve also, had blood on toilet paper however this seems to be from excess wiping, Fissure, Piles as switching to Wipes and using cream has stopped this.

I’ve been to the doctors multiple times, had clear bloods and no lumps felt when abdomen examined by GP. Doctors won’t refer me for a colonoscopy currently due to lack of red flags.

I Am on Sertraline 50mg for Health anxiety.

Anyone suffer anything similar? Any advice/help?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you have no red flags, you have nothing to worry about.   It sounds like IBS; has your doctor not mentioned this?
    • Posted

I have the loose flat stools though rolleyes and yes doctors did mention ibs but I haven’t had colonoscopy to confirm it rolleyes 
    • Posted

Ask your doctor for a calprotectin stool test, this tests for inflammation in bowel which can be caused by ibd or a cancer growing, if it’s normal then nothing bad hopefully, I have had a bad year with health anxiety and abdominal issues, had this test done in June, was high so was worried about cancer, repeated test a few weeks ago and it’s now normal levels which hopefully rules out the big c
    • Posted

A colonoscopy will not confirm IBS;  neither will any other test or scan.  Tests only help to rule out other causes; this is how IBS is diagnosed because it is a functional disorder.  You only need a colonoscopy if you have red flag symptoms.  I was diagnosed with IBS without a colonoscopy because I had no red flag symptoms.  Since, you have no red flags, you have nothing to worry about.  Your health anxiety is part of IBS.  Listen to your doctor and trust what you are being told.  No red flags is good news for you.
  • Posted

I have the same fears.  A friend of my boyfriend was diagnosed at 39 and her only symptom was skinny stool for 3 years.  Since hearing about her diagnosis I have been paralyzed with fear about having it. For a while I was Constipated for 3 weeks and I have had this pulling sensation on the left side of my abdomen for months now that I am Sure is from a pulled muscle of sorts. I too Have been to the doctor and he said I have No red flags. I have Upped my fiber intake and I have normal bms everyday. He took an x ray of the abdomen which I know Doesn’t see the colon but still made me feel better. I worry Myself sick Everytime I hear About someone having an illness but that’s what anxiety does. 
  • Posted

hi jay53812 i have had a similar problem for two months. did u get any hepl please reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.