Colon polyp removal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm a 28 year old male.last week i had a flexible sigmiscopy.doctor removed a 25mm polyp.he tattood where it was and wrote on his notes follow up appointment in 4 weeks after lab results.possible ga endoscopy.what does this mean?is this normal procedure?he never spoke to me after so I don't have a clue.also did anyone have 25mm benign polyps?thankyou

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hope all goes well but sorry I can't help as I don't know anything about it, I am having Colonoscopy on weds

• Posted

Hi hope all went well.they received my lab results today but the receptionist wouldn't tell me the results.said she isn't medically trained she wouldn't understand them.which has made me more anxiouse then before.have a appointment for Friday toget results off the doctor.

• Posted

Hi Dan: I think that they recommend removal of polyps if they are more than 6mm. They can vary in size between a few mm and several cms but having it out means it can't turn nasty.  I would ask them how long you need before another scope. He may prefer to speak to you at the follow-up and he can tell you everything them. The pathology test of the polyp is usually just to make completely sure nothing is going on and it is routine to do that. I would have thought ga endoscopy meant gastric endoscopy which is a flexible camera going down your throat into your stomach and duodenum. I really dreaded that one but it wasn't as bad as I had feared and quite quick. Also the prep is much easier and no laxatives! You will need to ask him obviously because maybe he means something else like a full colonoscopy. Also, ask him why he thinks you might need any further endoscopy. Maybe he suspects something from your symptoms like gastritis or an ulcer. He can also check for heliobacter pylori - which is a bacteria that can cause unpleasant upper digestive symptoms in some people and is easily eradicated with a short course of antibiotics and stomach medication. I don't think you need to be worried. Sounds as though he is just being thorough and as the digestion can be upset by worry I would get as much checked out as possible and then you can relax. Good luck! David.

• Posted

Thank you for your help.I had rectal bleeding for 11 weeks with every bowel movement.doctor thought hemorrhoids need banding.so ended up with the camera to look.and they found this.he wants me to go back for more examination to check to see if there is more polyps I assume.but to be honest the flexible sigmoidscopy hurt so much don't think I could do a full colonscopy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.