Colon problems

Posted , 2 users are following.

A colonoscopy was attempted but couldn't be completed due to a loop in the lower intestine. Dr. sent me for a barium enema, which was not successful either.Next he ordered a COLOGUARD Test, which came back positive. NOW, he's ordering a Capsule Endoscopy. I'm having no symptoms. I have ordered a FIT test for comparison. Five years ago, I had a polyp removed during a colonoscopy. What is your opinion in my situation?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What condition did the cologuard test come back positive for? If you are having no symptoms, why are you having all these tests? I can't really advise because don't know what your situation is and what you are facing.

• Posted

SINCE A COLONOSCOPY IS SUGGESTED AFTER HAVING A POLYP REMOVED 5 YEARS AGO, i SUBMITTED TO ONE THAT WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL, ALONG WITH A FAILED BARIUM ENEMA. THE NEXT MOVE WAS THE COLOGUARD TEST. THEY DID NOT TELL ME WHAT I TESTED POSITIVE FOR. I WILL CALL AND FIND THAT OUT. I WAS IN SUCH SHOCK AT SEEING THE BIG WORD "POSITIVE", I DID NOT THINK TO ASK, PLUS THE DOCTOR SEEMED IN A BIG HURRY TO DISMISS ME. I DONT WANT TO GO THRU ANYMORE TESTS IF I CAN HELP IT.

THANK YOU.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.