Colon problems? IBD? cancer??

Posted , 5 users are following.

so i just had a bowel movement.. it looked like 2 different colours til i got closer.. it was a darker red and throughout my stool.. blood... is this an issue that i shud be concerned about? ive been having pains in my right and left side back and forth since last night.. it feels like its swollen or something in these areas.. which are more painful when i move . i feel nauseous and crampy .. anyone know what this could be?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

no offense but if blood is present in stool my personal advise is to seek help immediately. no panic it may not be serious ..but better be safe then sorry.

best of luck

ed

• Posted

i went to the doc.. she didnt believe that it was blood because i told her it was a maroon colour . ive told my doc about it & she said either anal fissures or hemmerhoids which i do not believe so idk

• Posted

Have you eaten anything with food colouring or any food that has a dark colour like beetroot?

• Posted

as mentioned bellow...best bet is to wait for next bowel movement...and sorry if your gp doesnt want to listen to you...maybe its time to change or visit emergency . they will do all...at least here in Ireland.

dark/black stool indicates traces of blood ....higher in tract...if hemeroids or fisture it would be more likely bright red...or some kind of red residue....please note just few members here have some medical backround...so most of us are talking from personal experience.....

if its blood it should not be overlooked.

take care

• Posted

im sure its blood .. as my diet hasnt contained anything that would change it to a dark red. im sure its blood as its been happening for months . just not bright red.. nor super dark.. a bit of a darker red is the colour

• Posted

ask for a FIT test if there is nothing you are eating that is altering the colour of stools.

• Posted

good morning again. i hope you doing well. i forgot to mention ...dont worry too much at all

i am sure its going to be alright and if you try to fix your diet as well meanwhile it will not hurt. i mean try to avoid fatty foods...fast food..alcohol...etc.

have a good day. and i wish you speedy recovery

• Posted

Also I wouldn't wait a week if it is blood, phone up 111 with your symptoms if you are in the UK. They can make an appointment for you if they think it is needed.

• Posted

Hi stephanie20....

Wait for your next few bowel.movements if there is nlood or what looks like blood in it put an appropriate container and take a sample to the doctor.....

• Posted

It could be any number of things.Give it a week to see if symptoms go away and if they don't after this time, see your doctor.

• Posted

Ask to be examined for haemorrhoids or fissures and try a food diary to see if anything you are eating is not digesting well. You cannot be sure that it is blood until your doctor confirms it. Sometimes, anxiety and panic can make you think you are seeing blood when it is not. Don't overthink it. Listen to what your doctor tells you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.