Colonic Irrigation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone

Has any body had a colonic irrigation? To help with the discomfort and pain ?

Any advice / experiences would be grateful .

Thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawnie

I was recently diagnosed with DD after bout of diverticulitus. I asked the consultant about having colonic, thinking it would clear the pouches,  he said definitely not as this could cause perforations. Not sure if anyone has been told different but this has been my experience 🙂

• Posted

Ah , I haven't asked the doctor yet . I thought that might be an answer 😬

• Posted

What is a colonic irrigation ?, has anyone tried a colon cleanse ?

• Posted

Probably the same thing Emma . I would be interested to hear about anything really . Dawn
  • Posted

My son had one for IBS it made him much worse. I personally wouldn't have one 

• Posted

I have been at this for a year now when I was first diagnosed I didn't know any nor it seamed did the DRS   So I came on this forum from then I have stuck to a no solid food when in pain I have chicken soup but lots of water.  When iam ok I don't have seeds skins fizzy drinks tomatoes eggs red meat   I try to eat fruit but I always peel them   I eat most veg. I have fybergel mabevarine and a probiotic tablet every morning. 

• Posted

Hi Susan

Can I ask what fybergel mabevarine is ? I assume it's a laxative . I also take a pro biotic. Do you have the ones that live in the fridge ? I don't have them , just ordinary ones . It's a awful condition . Early days I know , but it has changed my life 😔. Dawn

• Posted

Fybergel is fiber in a drink mabevarine is for IBS it helps my bowel the probiotic is a tablet I get them from natures best   It changed my life I no longer eat what I want and I always make sure I know where there is a toilet. When I first got diagnosed I didn't go out I cancelled my holiday I was depressed. But over the last few months I have got to grips with it   I go out everyday but I haven't been on holiday yet. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.