Colonic Irrigation for IBS - Anybody tried it?

Posted , 3 users are following.

As the title suggests, anybody tried colonic irrigation to alleviate bowel problems?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Both myself and my wife have greatly benefitted form a course of colonic irrigation to alleviate problems of the bowel.

Over the years the bowel can hang on to wastes that can make the whole system malfunction causing so many different problems.

• Posted

Can you send me the link to download this book.. I have not tried colonic irrigation .
  • Posted

Yes, I have. It helped for a very short time. That`s all. I have been advised by my GP that I should not have it...at least not often!! When you have it done...after the treatment you would feel very tired for a day or two or perhaps more. Then you would feel ok. The only downside is that the irrigation takes out all the good bacteria as well.!!
    • Posted

Hi Coskun thanks for commenting. When I had colonic irrigation it was a course of 6 treatments over about 12 days and the intention was to clear the bowel of waste matter that had built up on the bowel lining. The treatment can make you feel tired, although I felt ok!

It was very affective, it not only cured my IBS, but also bloating and pain I was experiencing after every meal and as a bonus it also cured a long term back problem I had!

True, colonic irrigation does flush out everything including good bacteria and because of this I was given an enema of good bacteria after the course and advised to take Pro-Biotics.

My wife was very much worse than me and it was affecting her life. She would get up in the morning and an hour later needed to go back to bed! (Symptoms of ME) Also she would only go to the loo about once a week! Her homeopath said she had very bad candida. She tried various treatments/diets with no results then we found a book that really answered some questions about how the bowel works and what happens when it's blocked. Anyway after 3 courses of colonic irrigation over a couple of months my wife was so much better and you should have seen what came away from her bowel lining!!! (Like thick black rubber)

When she was well enough we went back to her homeopath to check on her candida and the homeopath was amazed "It's gone!!" she exclaimed "never have I seen candida overgrowth controlled so completely!" We told her about the book and thereafter she recommend it to all of her patients.

I'd strongly recommend everybody, especially those with IBS and any bowel irregularities to check out colonic irrigation. There's plenty on the internet about the subject.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product names as we do not allow repeated posting of product names in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service .

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I think I should again go for this colonic irrigation!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.