Colonoscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a colonoscopy 6 weeks ago and have to get a poylop removed next week, since my last one I have had mucus and blood coming from my but and lots of air with loads of mucus and smears of blood can anyone help who have had these symptoms. Thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Mags;

This can be normal dependent on the type of procedure. May I ask where the procedure took place. Nothing specific just the area - will give me a brief idea of the type of procedure used.

• Posted

Hi;

Where you are from in the world and what part of the country may dictate the type of procedure and therefore the normality of the side effects.

• Posted

Ok, sorry people use all these boards from all over the world.

If it's UK the likelihood is it will ease off. If you are prone to stress and anxiety it can lead to issue also dependant in some cases on ethnicity.

• Posted

Hi,

Do you mind me asking how you got on with this? I hope all went well?

• Posted

That is normal having a poylop removed, air is gas from the test it will pass.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.