colonoscopy

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi has anyone had a colonoscopy and had to drink some stuff 2 days before I'm very anxious about the whole thing. thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I’ve had one some years age and booked to have another one soon.  You have to drink a special solution beforehand to make sure your bowel is empty.  Not the most pleasant of things to do but I’m sure you will be ok.
  • Posted

Yes I've had three of them. I find the drinking of the liquid is worse than the actually procedure itself not a unpleasant taste but such a lot to drink just make sure you don't go too far from the toilet once you start drinking the liquid I found taking my ipad into the toilet n mags helped. Or a book / mags. I've never had to drink liquid 2 days before mine have always been the day before. The procedure doesn't take long and you can actually watch it on screen. I didn't the first time , but did the second n third, I got my results afterwards and they had found polyps which weren't cancerous I was a bit uncomfortable when I got home but the following day felt bit better, good luck to you x

• Posted

Had a Colonoscopy last year. Had to drink to glasses of this stuff before to cleanse the bowel. Didn't taste great but does the trick and have to say the clear out left me feeling the healthiest I've felt all year. 

There is another powder they can give you that you have to mix and drink with litres of water which I hear is not very nice just due to the amount of liquid you have to consume

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.