Colonoscopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had mine just last week and so far waiting on this biposy results is a real pain all I have done is worry about those results the doctor found a lesion like polyp in my colon and she did not remove it either . I am still mad over that primary doctor is also I do know I do not have the heriditary genetic colon cancer Gene I got those results last week and you can still have polyps. The waiting is ridiculous they need to have those results in 3-5 days.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had one polyp that was removed and biopsied. It was a pre-cancerous type but nothing cancerous was found in it. It takes years and years to turn into cancer or may never will.  If you have had previous screenings before, I wouldn't worry about. If this is your first, all you can do is just wait it out and try not to worry about it.  How old are you? The older you are never having had one is riskier obviously -- any polyp that's been hanging around for years can develop into cancer.   

Please clarify what a "lesion like polyp" is.  Is it a polyp? Why was it not removed? Are they testing the mucosa as well for any issues? 

• Posted

I will be 52 first colonoscopy not afraid to do it again though I don't have that colon cancer Gene which is good but I can still get poylps the genetic counselor told me that and I do have a follow next Wednesday with the colon doctor for a follow up.

• Posted

She just did a biposy on it it is a lesion it is advanced polyp but it is benign and not cancerous the younger to get screened is the best to catch for colon cancer though before 50.
    • Posted

Where the hell are you? This is the Mickey Mouse club for colonoscopies. You don’t need to have a sit down with a doctor, they take the friggin polyp out during the colonoscopy and that’s that. If it’s not cancerous, great! But it can turn into cancer in a decade or so - hence, immediate removal. Omg, what absurd medical care.

Peace out. 

• Posted

O I have too report you that kind of talk is not allowed on this website and it was not cancer wow you got serious issues apparently.
  • Posted

It seems I too have the genetic colon cancer hereditary gene (Lynch Syndrome). I have had 2 separate cases of bowel cancer in the last 14 years...and have to have colonoscopies every 2 years for the rest of my life. In the last 2 a total of 6 polyps were removed which were all benign. My hospital`s biopsy policy is "if you don`t hear anything from us within 2 weeks all is clear" so they only make contact if there is something wrong. Are you sure your hospital will phone no matter what?. I wonder why they didn`t remove the polyp during your procedure?.. regards and hope all is clear.

• Posted

I believe she said she did not have the gene. 

Yeah, when it comes to your health and your life, the "if you don't hear from us", you're okay policy is NOT a policy any doctor's office should practice. Good lord that's asking to be sued if you forget to call someone!

• Posted

I d not have the colon cancer Gene and I finally got my results today it is an advanced polyp which is benign not cancerous thank God but I want it removed anyway before it turns out being cancerous.
    • Posted

I don’t understand. Standard procedure is to remove polyp during colonoscopy. Why didnt doctor remove when he/she found it? You will have to repeat the entire prep and colonoscopy again now. This makes no sense. 
    • Posted

Yes...I misread Patty`s message...thanks for correcting me. As for the  biopsy results process that's the way it works at my NHS hospital in London.."if you don`t hear from us within 2 weeks tour ok!"

• Posted

There is a poylp like lesion which is advance and it is benign no cancer and I was told yesterday if she goes back in and removes that it can spread and become cancerous I don't live in the UK are procedures are far more different than yours here in the USA.

• Posted

And if I need to have it done again that is fine I see that doctor who done the colonoscopy next week for just a follow-up my primary doctor she will probably send me off to get that took out which is fine the worst part is the prep.
    • Posted

Mine was benign which there is no cancer and i just found out from the American Cancer Society that it would not spread if they removed it either so they know alot on there site on colon cancer and polyps.
  • Posted

I had ct scan it’s meg and now colonoscopy neg still have pain
    • Posted

When did you have your colonoscopy done mine was done last Wednesday and they said for me too call them in a week but I was so concerned I needed to know so I emailed her and got those results today.
    • Posted

Ok but what does that have to do with a colonoscopy useless your having one done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.