Colonoscopy

Posted , 8 users are following.

Had a colonoscopy yestrrday morning. Got home had lunch, all good. Had lunch today all good, ate dinner and about 1hr after i have real bad stomach ache and loose stools also feel nauseous? I also suffer anxiety and think im ghe 1 in 10000 that is going to die from this. Has anyone suffered real bad stomach pain after colonoscopy and feel nauseous?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Amanda,

I have not had my procedure yet, but when I read your situation and that you suffer from anxiety, I wanted to comment.

I, too, have some anxiety.  And UNLIKE 99.99% of the rest of the "normal" world, I am terrified of getting my colonoscopy.  The prep scares me, the IV scares me, the going to sleep scare me...……..all of it.  SO...….

I know that I would be absolutely beside myself with worry, if that were me, in your position.  It's probably just an unfortunate side effect of the procedure, but I know it's terrifying!  I hope you will KEEP US POSTED and please let us know how you're feeling the next few days!

I want to give you a virtual (((((((((((Hug))))))))))).  Thinking of you! 

Beth

• Posted

Hi. Do you do anything to manage your anxiety? I'm the same. I'm having a biopsy in three weeks for a men's complaint and already It's constantly on my mind. The actual procedure and the possible outcome! I might pop over to an anxiety forum and see if anything helps. Best wishes to all. 

• Posted

Everyone is different. I had a particularly painful colonoscopy and two weeks later had a CT colonoscopy so with all the prep in between the two it took over two weeks to be pain free and bowels back to normal. If you've had polyps removed you may get blood for a few days, but your system will settle down. I think a lot depends on what condition your bowel is in as to how long it takes to get back to normal.

• Posted

I had a colonoscopy and robotic surgery done on my colon had half of it removed it with no problems not everyone is alike on having procedure done I never had any bleeding after I had my colonoscopy. The only thing I had was the room spinning and being dizzy headed and that was it.
  • Posted

Hi, I had mine 2 days ago & all was okay up until today now I am full of trapped wind that is causing some cramping. Try getting some Buscopan from the chemist that should help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.