Colonoscopy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had 4 colonoscopies over 10 years and 2 sigmoidoscopy. Latest one was 1 year ago. Could I have bowel cancer the doctors want me to have another one. 

surley it would not develop that quick?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have had a few colonoscopies, but never had a sigmoidoscopy.

Did your doctor not say why you need another one?

Junie

• Posted

Sounds like they are trying to get more money from you. What a waste of medical field. Doctors seem like they don't care about people.

• Posted

I would think they’d have given you results of all of these exams. Have you had symptoms? Talk to the ordering Dr and find out what the others showed and ask why they are doing another. The main thing I always do is ask because it is your health and you have a right to know why and what the results are. 

I’ve had to have colonoscopy  ire often due to Polyps and it is just as a precaution because you could be at higher risk. My husband had no polyps and can go every 10 years where I have to have it every 3-5 years. 

Doesn’t mean I’ve got cancer but they do biopsies and remove the polyps as a precaution.

Just ask and tell your Dr’s to explain in plain language and if you don’t understand ask them for handouts or if they can write it down.

My Dr’s gave me a printout with photos of my last colonoscopy and endoscopy with like 4 pages of written results. In November this year. Then called me with the results of my biopsies. 

• Posted

I've lost a bit of weight and was having stomach issues I have gerd and hiatal hernia. Also my ferritin was slightly below normal. All the other colonoscipes  were either normal or showed heamroids or fissure. 

• Posted

Hi John 

Your gp should explain to you, why another test is needed,

I am fed up with doctors not explaining, I realise they have no time to talk to us at length, but there should be someone to help us.

They tell us not to worry.

When are you having your next test ?

I am in the UK.

Junie

• Posted

Told me not to worry but he put me on the 2 week wait thing. Said he was just being over cautions and wanted to be sure before he diagnosed IBS. Still I'm worried. 

• Posted

I went through many tests.

They said the same to me, they wanted to rule out everything else, before saying it is IBS.

Coming here helps, I said to the doctor we should have places we can go to talk about our issues with people that understand.

Do they have IBS cafes...

Let us know how you get on.

Junie

• Posted

There's is groups on Facebook I'm sure. Will let you know how I get on. 

• Posted

Hi John

I am one of the few that don’t do Facebook.

Hope everything goes well for you.

Junie

• Posted

Hello just to let you know colonoscopy was normal they took some biopsies to check for inflammation. 

Still have the symptoms however. A normal colobosoy doesn't get rid of them unfortunately. 

• Posted

Hi John

That is good news. Maybe your gp can now help with your symptoms. ?

Mine get really bad, 

Let us know what your gp is going to do.

Junie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.