Colonoscopy aborted

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’ve had loose bowels and back pain for around 12 weeks now.  I was referred to have a colonoscopy last fri. It was the most painful experience of my life ( I’ve had 4 children easier).  It was so painful that it had to be stopped. 😡 so frustrating as I’m desperate to find out what’s going on. 

Anyway before the prep my stools had got somewhat better. Then obviously prep causes you to empty bowels.  

Then today 3 rd day after colonoscopy I opened bowels and really soft again (not diarrhia, but not terrible firm). Is this just a result of the prep meds messing my stomach?  Also very light in colour. However first time in weeks that stool hasn’t floated ??,,   Anyone got any ideas.  

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.