Colonoscopy and afterward results

Posted , 5 users are following.

Of the various reasons a person with colon symptoms goes in for a colonoscopy, what are the odds the test will reveal cancer? Mine is coming up this week. I'm scared.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi ed if you have cancer the colonoscopy will def tell you the answer. Do you have symptoms?? Just pray for good news. I will pray for you. Your doc will come and talk to your after your procedure.
    • Posted

I have a few symptoms. Went from chronic life-long constipation to abrupt stoppage. I can now only move bowels by use of Miralax. No pain, no bleeding, no nausea, minor bloating with the laxatives, slight sense of inflammation in lower colon when stool enters but absent afterward. Constipation went from "normal" to serious last summer after bout from rancid peanut butter which locked up my system. That returned to normal but then gradually required more effort. Directly after holiday meals the stoppage occurred...yep, alotta starch. If any stool did then pass it was quite narrow, and incomplete. If feels like everything is halting at the lower rectum. "Sudden change"...haven't had a colonoscopy in over 10 years, and at 66, I'm looking at odds. It seems to me either IBS or the big C.

• Posted

Maybe some of the things you ate at the holidays aggravated everything. After you get the colonoscopy it will confirm everything I'm thinking making ibs. I will continue to pray no cancer. I kno your nervous n scared I know that feeling 6 months ago I had a ct scan for pain in my abdomen and lucky I did they ended up seeing a mass on my colon. I had a polyp that ended up being precancerous they removed n I go next month for a followup colonoscopy n I'm scared also. I will continue to pray for u please keep me updated

• Posted

Try not to worry about it , I'm still waiting on mine.  Did they say if there were any polyps removed ? If there were anything really serious they would have told u what was there & what they saw. 

• Posted

Don't be a WUSS ,,, Isn't it better to know... 99% of colonoscopy's show nothing but the odd polyps which is removed in situ.  

• Posted

Wuss may be an inaccurate word...but based on my symptoms, I believe my odds are not 1%, but 50%. It's either IBS or the big C. Something is there.

• Posted

I believe wuss is a very insensitive and unnecessary word to use to anyone in a situation like this. We all worry when it comes to our health men and woman. I would just ignore that rude comment ed and move on to the other caring compassionate people that are on here because most r very caring and helpful! Please keep me updated still praying for you that everything goes well!
    • Posted

Are you for real ????? Bringing a bit of lightness helps ,  smiles are preferable to prayers. Don't be so negative .

• Posted

I'm not trying to b negative I'm sorry if you took it that way I just kno sometimes when people r worried they take things to heart I apologize

• Posted

Hello joann ,just sent you a reply .which the moderator has totally deleted .would really like to know what made him do that, probably having a bad hair day  Sent you a private 
    • Posted

No need to apologise, we are all prone to negative thoughts I'm going through a really bad patch ,that I could scream ,it's just endless fortunately 

my sense of humour gets me through, and I like to TRY and take the stress out of other peoples bad times.   xx

• Posted

Hey Ed I have been thinking about you and have been wondering if you found out the results of your colonoscopy? Did everything turn out ok?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.